Browser Hijacks and Random shut-downs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auvic

My browser gets hijacked most often when I visit a certain site or two, I think - one for sure, but I think it's been hijacked elsewhere as well.

More disturbing, though, is that my laptop - the computer I'm on at the moment - has, out of the blue, decided it wanted just instantly turn off. No lights, no nothing - it was plugged in, but it didn't even display the 'plugged in' light. I was initially concerned with temperature, and I proceeded to take out the battery and let the laptop cool off for a few minutes before turning it back on - and it worked - and it hasn't done the same thing since, but all the same, it was worrisome that it would do it once to begin with.

Here's the logs, as done from earlier today:

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    14.4 KB · Views: 8
...Huh. Computer decided it would shut down randomly once again just a little while ago - Avast ran on bootup, did the scanning and whatnot - not sure all what happened, really, since I let it run and just came back later - but...yeah.

If this is a sign that my laptop's got a bug...I'm hoping that maybe I can get some help before it gets too bad.

Thanks in advance, guys.

My browser gets hijacked most often when I visit a certain site or two, I think - one for sure, but I think it's been hijacked elsewhere as well.
What do you mean exactly by that? Do provide a clearer description.
Your problem sounds more hardware related.

There's a site I know of, for sure, that when I visit it from time to time, I get randomly redirected to some advertising site or another.

I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with the site, or otherwise other people using that forum would also be reporting problems - but at the same time, none of my virus scans are showing anything, either.

I've considered the possibility that this might be a hardware problem, but if it is, then I'm in trouble - I've no idea how to work on a laptop at all.

Wait, what? I'm confused.

Redirectingat was what I was getting, too - but how'd you get that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back