Browser Redirecting (thefeedonline*com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the mistake of clicking on a facebook ad. Dumb move. Why people have to make stuff to make other people's lives difficult is beyond me.

It replaced my desktop wallpaper, wouldn't let me open task manager, and had a tray icon and pop up messages wanting me to download software.

After running Spybot, Adware, and MalwareBytes, those issues are gone. Now links within any webpage will redirect to some advertising page.

The normal link like foxnews or something turns into thefeedonline or livefeedinc followed by a bunch of gibberish.

I have the HijackThis, Malwarebytes, and SuperAntiSpyware log files attached. SuperAntiSpyware removed some things that the others did not.

Any help would be appreciated!

It's my fiance's computer. She's going to be my wife in two weeks, so getting this solved would really help me out right now lol.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2009-09-19 (03-59-39).txt
    840 bytes · Views: 5
Sweet, another 100 views and no responses.

I've narrowed it down to it being a chkdisk.dll issue.

If I use HijackThis to get rid of several entries of chkdisk.dll and two others that seem to be related, the issues go away. That is, until I restart my computer, and these files are back up again.

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [autochk] rundll32.exe C:\DOCUME~1\KATEWI~1\protect.dll,_IWMPEvents@0
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [autochk] rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\autochk.dll,_IWMPEvents@0

O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: ChkDisk.dll (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - S-1-5-18 Startup: ChkDisk.lnk = ? (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: ChkDisk.dll (User 'Default user')
O4 - .DEFAULT Startup: ChkDisk.lnk = ? (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: ChkDisk.dll
O4 - Startup: ChkDisk.lnk = ?

Those are the entries I get rid of and solves the issue, but they're back as soon as I shut down and reboot.

I've been searching online for similar issues, and all other threads time out or get closed and I never find the answer.

I tried using msconfig to block those .dlls, but they keep coming back.

I would really like some help with this please!

GreaseMonkey, there are no trained malware helpers available at this time. The 'views' may have been from members who thought they could help, then changed their mind. I do NOT speak for them.

The best help I can give you at this time is to post the problem and the logs on another computer help board. Maybe problems can be resolved before the big day! Kate- is that right?- will need some help.

I am sorry no one bothered to giver you this information.

I'm thinking she could probably take the Error Checking (Chkdsk) off of startup every time she boots.

I dunno alot about registry problems and all that good stuff but you could always get a friend to download firefox on a flash drive and you could install it c if that helps.

GreaseMonkey, there are no trained malware helpers available at this time. The 'views' may have been from members who thought they could help, then changed their mind. I do NOT speak for them.

The best help I can give you at this time is to post the problem and the logs on another computer help board. Maybe problems can be resolved before the big day! Kate- is that right?- will need some help.

I am sorry no one bothered to giver you this information.

I'm thinking she could probably take the Error Checking (Chkdsk) off of startup every time she boots.

Thanks.

I was wondering how you knew her name...until I looked at one of the logs. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back