BSOD 3B

Hello, guys.

So, these errors first started once I bought a new HDD and installed it as my main, leaving the old HDD as secondary. From there on, it becomes kind of a complicated story.

If you look at the minidumps, the first ones happened on April 25th, 26th and 29th. Those were errors 3D on mv91xx.sys. I found out that happened because I had connected the HDD to the Marvell SATA port, so I exchanged it to the Intel SATA port and that error stopped.

After that, on May 1st, 3rd and 6th, the 3B errors happened on random drivers.
I then downloaded an updated graphic driver from the nVidia website, and used the SlimDrivers software to update the SATA drivers, and from May 7th to 10th I didn't get any errors. From May 11th to 21st I was travelling and didn't use the computer. Back on the 22nd, I didn't get any errors until the 24th, so by then I thought that updating the drivers had solved the issue.
However, today, May 25th, I got a new 3B error. So that made me feel lost and I don't know what to do anymore. I just hope with all my might that my HDD isn't screwed up.

Now, you might ask if the errors happen when I'm doing something specific, to which the answer is no. They happen at the most random moments.

So, here are my PC specs:
New HDD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
Power supply: Corsair HX 650w
CPU: i5 2500
RAM: 2x Corsair XMS3 4GB
Graphic card: GeForce GTX 580

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    233.4 KB · Views: 1
Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager? have you thought about a malware infection being the cause of these issues?

Even though they may have started recently after the HDD was changed, these may not have to do with it. Check the Device Manages as already adviced and as well try to narrow down any other changes made to the computer software or hardware.

Just got another 3B error. It took 6 days this time.

The device manager doesn't have any !s.
As for malware... I have never scanned it after formatting. I'll try installing the trial of Kaskpersky to check it.

And I really believe it's gotta be related to the SATA drivers. Ever since I updated them through SlimDrivers, the error only happened twice, with many days between them, while before it'd happen every one or two days.
And from what I remember, the motherboard disc didn't even include any SATA drivers.

What could I do about those drivers? Is there somewhere else I could check for updates?

Okay, the SATA drivers were already up-to-date.
I installed this Intel Rapid Storage Technology from that page, though. Let's see if it'll make a difference.

I also tried cleaning the video card and memory sticks' contacts with an eraser (which have done wonders many times), but that didn't solve it.

I also noticed my BIOS is outdated. Is that worth giving a shot?

Does the Intel Rapid Storage Technology program show "all is well" with the SSD drive? Go to the ASUS support site and look for a bios update

Back