BSOD after installing new hardware

TS-56336

Hello,

Two days ago, I've put up a new graphics card (Sapphire Radeon HD 7770) and new RAM (Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 1600 CL10) on my system. I'm using Windows 8 right now. After installing the hardwares, I'm starting to get blue screens more often, even while booting.

I thought it was just the new Radeon Catalyst 13.1 driver that making it crash, so I installed an old driver version 12 but I kept on getting blue screens.

So I was tempted to do a formatting of the whole system but unfortunately even upon installation of Windows, the system is still getting sudden blue screens. Even though the fresh install went successfully the blue screens is still a problem.

I already checked a couple of my RAM settings. I didn't made any attempt to overclock my GPU and Memory yet. But the CPU is stable on its OC setting.

My specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE 3.2 (Unlocked to Quad core @ 3.8 Ghz)
Motherboard: AsRock 890GX Extreme3
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
(new) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb DDR3 1600 CL10 (single stick)
(new) GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7770 1gb Ghz edition
PSU: Thermaltake TT Toughpower 875W

I can't upload my mini dumps, but I'll upload it later while I change my setting on Win8 first.

Please take time to help me with this, I got enough errors for the day. :'(

Thanks.

Haven't tried yet. It's weird though, before formatting, Catalyst 13.1 leads me to my desktop and gets a balloon notification that saying "it has been recovered" when I try to open games. I haven't overclocked this thing. I bet it's hardware related.

No exclamations. As of this moment, no blue screens, but I'll stick around to observe the system if more BSOD occurs. I am yet to try the on-board video and check if blue screens will kick again. I'll keep posting for updates. :)

Back