BSOD and system freeze

[FONT=Tahoma]My Laptop Make model and Specs:-[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]Packard Bell EasyNote TE 15.6-inch Laptop (Black) (Intel Celeron B820 1.7GHz, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]CPU:- Intel ® Celeron
Motherboard: -
Ram Speed:- 8GB DDR3 750GB HDD
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]GPU:- ([/FONT][FONT=Arial]do not leave this out- [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Sorry I couldn’t find out[/FONT][FONT=Arial])
PSU:- (
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]do not leave this out- [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Sorry I couldn’t find out[/FONT][FONT=Arial])
OS:- Windows 7 Home Premium (Pre-Installed So no back up/boot up discs – I know I’m an ***** and should have done 1 when prompted too)
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Hello Guys, [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] I am hoping someone may be able to assist me with a problem I have on my Laptop. I bought this laptop as new at the beginning of August 2012. Just recently my computer “Blue Screened” on me. I re-booted, and the system done a Disk Scan then reported 0 problems. I had not downloaded anything new and was mainly using the laptop for playing MMORPS (Online Games) and browsing social network sites (Well the better half browses the S/N sites). It happened a fair few times now over the last week or so and sometimes the computer will hard freeze, resulting in me having to hold the power button down to reboot (unable to shut down through the normal way). [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Now, I am by no means educated in the way of “Computers/Software” or suchlike but have endeavored to try and research what could be the potential problem and to be honest I am almost more confused now than when I 1st started (ok bear with me- Self-confessed Simpleton) [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I have gone through “Event Viewer” “BlueScreenView” “Dumpfiles”[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]The Info on the Blue Screen is:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]STOP 0x0000001A[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]0x0000000000041790[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]0XFFFFFA800193E360 [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]0x000000000000FFFF[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]0x0000000000000000 [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I have included my last 5 Dumpfiles also:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I checked in my Event Viewer and this pointed towards a “Kernel Power Fault” 41 as the latest Event – [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]**Event 41 - Kernel power fault.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]This is a copy of the details of the finding in the view events file.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]- <Event [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]- <System>[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" /> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <EventID>41</EventID> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Version>2</Version> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Level>1</Level> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Task>63</Task> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Opcode>0</Opcode> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-08-29T06:23:38.434020900Z" /> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <EventRecordID>15311</EventRecordID> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Correlation /> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" /> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Channel>System</Channel> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Computer>Bastens-PC</Computer> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] </System>[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]- <EventData>[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Data Name="BugcheckCode">26</Data> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x41790</Data> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffffa800190dc70</Data> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xffff</Data> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data> [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] </EventData>[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] </Event>[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]The one thing I haven’t managed to do yet, is to download Memtest and run that on my Laptop. (This is owing to my Laptop not staying on long enough – I have resorted to taking my Flashdrive into work so I can download Memtest onto that and then run in the morning when I get home). [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Ok, well I think that is it for now. Hope I have included the correct details required for someone to possibly be able to point me in the right direction on how to resolve this issue, that is now ongoing. [/FONT]

Attachments

• Lates dump files 06092012.zip
    120.9 KB · Views: 1
It is possible that you picked up a malware infection. What antivirus program do you have installed?

Yes I would say it is very possible!!!!. The Laptop came with the Pre-installed version of Norton, which I activated when the computer was run for the 1st time. However after the 1st BSOD I noticed that NO anti-virus program was showing as "Active" upon further checking it looks like it was either "De-Activated" (Which my wife 'not convincingly' assures me she didn't do) or I messed up completely and actualy didn't install it properly somehow in the 1st instance. As I have previously stated, I am a complete simpleton when it comes to computers. So I haven't ruled that conclusion out.
If I have picked up some kind of malware infection, what would be my next best move. (Apart from banning myself from future use of modern technology)

A lot of people are fooled by bundled antivirus programs. A short time after activating you are required to purchase a license to continue to use the program, and pay every year to keep the program active. There are a lot of good free antivirus/antimalware programs out there. One of them is:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials
Be sure to remove any antivirus programs still installed first...

This is a good free temp file cleaner:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/
Run these programs and if they detect problems, we can do other things after this

Thank you very much for your assistance Tmagic650.:) I will do what you advise and report back with my progress hopefully tomorrow.

Hi, just wanted to post and update on my thread here. I have sent my laptop back to the manufacturers to re-install windows 7. After a lengthy call to the helpdesk and going through the motions with the helpfull lady on the phone, it was decided that the best corse of action would be to return the product to the manufacturers to restore the machine to factory standard (Free of charge because of warranty) - thus returning it to myself as if it were a new machine.
So for now I am in wait.
I wanted to once again thank you guys here for your prompt response/s to the questions asked and the professional and very thorough way in which you answer them. I look forward to continuing to learn from the informative advise given from you guys.

So I ask - can this thread be ended?? or filed (sorry do know the correct term)

Back