BSOD daily. Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Reference by pointer, bad pool header etc

Lately (about 2 months) I've been getting blue screen errors fairly regularly with windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, having run fine for almost a year. It often happens after a cold boot, the second boot tends to be fine. Usually it happens not long after logging into windows, rarely it happens during bootup. Occasionally a system repair has been needed, but generally a reset is all that is required.

Anyway, long story short, it crashed last week whilst accessing an application, and I lost the entire partition that application was on, had to recover data, and a now running a fresh install, new hard drive (although the one that I recovered from showed no errors, it just lost the MTB and MTB backup and I ended up low level formatitng after recovering data.)

Since the new install on the new HDD I'm getting BSOD again, with similar frequency, having reinstalled most of the software that was present before, all updates, and all drivers etc installed.

After reading some threads on this forum, I've learned how to make debugging files. As such I'm attaching a pair of debugging files, one from yesterday, and another from today.

The BSOD errors have included the following

Reference_by_pointer
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
BAD_POOL_HEADER

I've run memtest 86, with no errors shown.

Should I run 'verifier' next? Or can somebody point me in the right direction if not.

Attachments

• sysinfodrnemsmall.txt
    147.7 KB · Views: 1
  • debuglog14july.txt
    21.6 KB · Views: 1
  • debuglog15july11.txt
    22.5 KB · Views: 1
There is not much to go on in these debug logs and the only named driver is from windows. After a clean install it's very unlikely to be a Windows driver causing the problem. The most likley cause is faulty memory.

Memtest is prone to miss minor errors. You should remove all but one of your memory sticks and run the PC for long enough to prove the stick is ok and then swap to another stick. You may find you only get further BSOD's on just one of the sticks.

If BSOD's continue on all sticks then post the minidumps so I can debug them. Follow this.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in windows explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.

Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

Back