BSOD driver_IRQL

BigNasty

Not sure where to start on this but ill go in order of achievements or failures

First failure Bsod. Windows will not boot back up saying NTLDR is missing or corrupt.
ALT CNT DEL

Things i have tried.
Repair windows. NTLDR error
Fresh install with format NTFS. NTLDR error
Feeling let down at this point i tried to install Windows 2k Prof
Booting from C:/Winnt/netdetect Failed

are these errors related? NT loader Net detect seem to be same class

At this point i have reseated a new banner plug from CDROM's I have swapped RAM in and out, Processor is still running a very cool 43C.

While installing windows i have to press enter several times to get some files to copy. Or sometimes the installation stops all together.

I have also seen several blue screen errors such as :
Page_Fault_IN_nonpage_area
Or
IRQL_not_Less_Or_Equel
IRQL Stop 0x0000000a (oxfffffb80, oxoooooo1e, 0x000000001, ox808667oc)

New HD
And the latest after buying HD with windows doing final installation
Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_Equal

Myspecs reflect the old graphics card. As of now ive been using the onboard
GeForce 8200 Integrated Graphics. Im one click away from a barebones kit. I would be sad to say goodbye to this build as it has been very good to me in the past 1.5 yrs.

Thanks for any and all help gang.
E
**** UPDATED

After working all week... Ive tried to clear cmos and removed board battery for good measure
In BIOS i set to Default setting and went NO WHERE FAST!!
Next with settings in Optimal machine began to act like the old self...
Just when windows asked for Time Zone i got the below error

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA
STOP: 0x00000050
(0xaa2ce104, 0x00000000, 0xF72915DB, 0x00000000)
NTFS.Sys - Address F72915DB base at F7s6C000

^ im looking up now but thinking perhaps RAM ??
I hate bsod's

E

*** updated again

0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

I will post my results of putting in yet another set of DDR2 in a few moments.. If nothing else this will help someone out there when its finally figured out lol

Last update... GARBAGE... Can anyone suggest a good custom build site ?

Last things considered is L2 cache or Video memory... neither of which i have a clue

That last error code 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is one of the strongest indicators of corrupted memory. Therefore run the free and safe memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Hey Route44,

Thank you for the help, Memtest did not find any errors on the cards. 8 passes on one card and 10 on the next.

So in light of saying that. I shall leave the cards in individually over night .. Then maybe both at the same time over night just to see if there is anything found.

Again thanks... Ill update again in a few days after the work schedule closes.

Check your memory voltage in the BIOS as well and see if there is any descrepency between what it is set at and the manufacture's specs.

By the way, I know where Macungie is. ;)

After leaving this first card in over night, #1 card received multiple errors on the 11th pass. Why this is'nt shocking what i thought was that the system was hung on the last error and unresponsive.

This town is fantastic. I have been here almost 5 yrs now. Just a all round great place to be. It only took 3 hurricanes in fla. to get me here. :haha:

Checking specs..

Your experience confirms why I tell others to let Memtest to go beyond the minimum of 7 Passes with the more Passes the better because often errors won't show up until later. Plus it shows your 0x4E error read is correct. Since you have received errors on RAM that stick needs to be replaced.

By the way, good work on your part by letting memtest run.

Yeah, Macungie and surrounding area is a nice place.

I will be doing the other stick tomorrow.
Wonder what the chances are of both sticks being crapola.

thanks again.

One other thing. If your RAM was purchased as a set and even though one stick is good, the manufacture will require you to return them as a set.

The other stick also had errors. I will say this time around it took less then 5 passes to find the errors.

Corsair is very quick to respond about there product issues. Less then a hour.

They are more then happy to replace what i have in the box.

Again thanks, I will update after new ram installed.

Installed new ram this morning, half way through xp installation i was issued the following error..
0x000000D1: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

cdrom.sys address f75acb05 ect.

i was also issued a 00A error when switching to a different disk.

And the frustration builds. http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm <--- a huge help but lost at this point..

Should i try to flash bios ? I reset CMOS b4 putting in the sticks. and have tried RAM at 8x8 and 16x16, to no prevail. same general errors.

FYI i do have the stock bios disk of drivers that came with the board. XfX is a low score in my book for support otherwise.

Thx ^5

0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers. Attach your latest minidumps. And, yes, XFX is known to be poor in the support department.

is it possible to get a minidump without windows being installed? Fresh HD ... ** Note tried the old one and it didnt do so well either lol..

Thx route

Short answer: No. Minidumps are created by Windows itself. In fact Blue Screens occur because Windows is trying to protect your system so it shuts it down before damage can occur.

hmmm.. kinda wonder if the CDROM isn't also bad. I have 2 XP installation disks, Both are in mint shap... both still getting errors. I've have tried since last post with different set of ribbon cables. only to get a 050 error...

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM)

Onboard video card.. lol..

Perhaps ill try now with a 9600GSO card in and skip the onboard...

^^ straws are getting shorter lol

What does the BIOS show your memory voltage set at compared to the memory manufacture's specs?

Back