BSOD Error Possibly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: 1800 Stock Speed But MoBo reads them as 800MHZ And 3Sticks of 2GB Total of 6GB The Brand is OCZ
GPU: ATI Radeon 5770 1GB
PSU Antec 650watt EarthWatts

Custom build
Bought recently

it runs fine when im just listening to music and watching videos and whatever but when I start gaming playing games such as Dirt 2, Grid, GTA IV. It just crashes and restarts my whole computer I didnt really see the BSOD screen but I do get this greenish? color screen thats looks messed up. I Have updated all drivers and did a clean reinstall of windows 7 so I only have 1 memory dump file..

Attachments

• MemDump.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 1
Its seems to be an hardware related issue; Try setting your BIOS Settings to Default, then if that does not help, try updating your system's BIOS.

hmm well i removed one of the ram sticks and i think i could have possibly found out why... cause when i bought this ram it was on sale like 130bucks for a triple channel pack knowing that only intel chipset supports triple channel i bought it anyways the sales told me i was only able to put in 2 of them.. but when the guy assembled it for me he put in all 3 so i thought it would work so i just kept it in. now when it is removed it hasnt crashed yet =D i will continue testing, as soon as i get my speakers to work...

You probably have rightfully spotted the problem; keep in mind that Asus motherboards are picky about RAM; so its always a good idea to check supported RAM modules/types listed on their site of your motherboard.

i was actually wrong D= the ram is actually fine, it was actually the drivers at fault D= but i found that out after i upgraded my card to 5850 lol downloaded the hotfix which solved everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back