BSOD every time I start up the computer, error x0D1

Hi there, first time poster.

Recently, I have been getting the BSOD right as the windows login screen pops up. I can't recall downloading anything new before this started. It has happened the last 12 times I have started up the computer.

The error I get is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the technical info being "***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x3D10047F, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x864218DF)

I'm running a 4 year old Toshiba laptop, with Windows XP. I'm able to start up Windows in safe mode. I tried running it with "previous settings that worked", but that doesn't work either. I'm at a loss on what I should do now. Any help would be appreciated!

I forgot to include the mini dump files. I think these are the ones that are needed. Please let me know if they are not the right ones!

Attachments

• zips.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 1
Nothing definitive was cited except that the module list is corrupted. However, the majority of your error codes are 0x7F and these are often caused by corrupted memory. Therefore we recommend that you run the free and safe Memtest on your RAM. This engages right aftyer boot-up.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Update-

I tried running the memtest from a cd. Each time it would start up, I would get a "PXE-E16 media failure" error. After this error, windows seems to start up normally and I don't get the BSOD.

I'm really puzzled now.

note: I tried without the cd starting up first, and windows is starting up the majority of the time. Other times, it doesn't go past a black screen, it's like it thinks there is nothing to load. The BSOD seems to be absent at the moment.

Back