BSOD in Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi techspot staffs and everyone here..

I had these error everytime i play Warcraft 3 frozen throne and it always appears in any of my Windows XP installer but not when i am using Windows 7 but still i love XP so hope that you help me..

Then finally i figured out that i could freeze the BSOD so that i can post it in here for the "Technical Information"

here it is:

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005 , 0xF4366BEE , 0xBA68470C , 0x00000000)

*** RtkHDAud.sys - Address F4366BEE base at F421E000 , DateStamp 467ba10a

I have seen a lot of WoW issues, with both audio and graphics drivers.
You might be able to find your exact issue on the WoW forums.

Since you are here... (and Welcome, by the way!)
In this case, you may need to update, (or perhaps even roll back), your audio driver.
The event viewer will provide additional information for you.
DonNagual said:
in this thread https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic44306.html]
2. Check your “Event Log”
As said above, the main cause of system crashes is outdated/corrupt drivers installed.
It can be tricky to find which driver it is that is causing the crashes.
If you are able to boot your computer up, right click on “my computer”, “manage”, “event viewer”.
Here you will find 3 categories and a list of each. Your system reports any errors it encounters here.
You want to search in all three categories and look for any details with a red symbol by them.
Yellow are also significant, but red ones are the ones to research first.

To research them, the best way is to look inside the details provided.
There is a link in there that tells you to “click for more details”. Do it.
It’ll take you to the Microsoft site with some possible causes and solutions.

If the crashes seem related to a particular piece of hardware in your system, that is your hint.
Update the drivers for that hardware and see if that fixes you up.
For example, if you are getting constant error reports for your internet connection, try updating your NIC (network interface card) drivers.

Some other useful links in helping to figure out error codes:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/ee_advanced.aspx
http://www.eventid.net/

This "stickie" has some other useful information too, but this partial quote might get you started.

More help on Event Viewer...
  • To start Event Viewer you can Start -> Run -> and type "eventvwr" (no quotes)
  • There are four categories in the left pane...

• [*] Application
      [*] Security
      [*] System
      [*] Internet Explorer.
  • It is the Application and System categories that will be of most concern for you at this point.
  • When you select Application or System, click on View to get a drop down menu. Then select Filter, to limit the kinds of events that will be displayed. At this point you may only want Errors, (and perhaps Warnings).
  • Now, When you right click on an error or warning event it will open a list of options including Properties.
  • When you select Properties, you will have access to more details on that event.
  • It is the Event # and the information in the Description box that will help track down the problem.
Feel free to repost if you need help along the way.

Look for the problem/error Events (Red icon with white "x") with a time stamp closest to your BSOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back