BSOD, irql_not_less_or_equal

Lemmy7003

So yeah, I've had close to ten BSODs in the last two weeks, due to driver errors, I believe. I don't know what the problem is,but it's slowly driving me mad and I really need help.

Attachments

• Blue screen.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 3
[FONT=Segoe UI]WhoCrashed summary;[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]On Mon 18/11/2013 7:16:27 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111813-22214-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI]netio.sys[/FONT] (NETIO+0x5538)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFFFF9434C051, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF82E7B7F3)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI]IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/FONT]
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netio.sys
product: [FONT=Segoe UI]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
description: Network I/O Subsystem
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
[/FONT]

Sometimes they happned just when I was browsing wiki pages, sometimes when I'm watching youtube, and sometimes when I'm doing nothing at all.

Use Memtest86 to test the memory:
http://www.memtest.org/
Download version 5.01. iso file to create a bootable DVD or CD that you start your computer with. Let Memtest86 run for 7 passes. No errors are allowed

According to the whocrashed report, it's a software problem, not a hardware.

On that note, is it possible to use memtest without using a cd/dvd? Because my laptop has no disk dirve.

That error code is almost always caused by faulty drivers (though on the rare occasion can be caused by mismatched memory). Also, netio.sys means Network Input Output and is a Windows driver for the internet networking but rarely are Windows drivers the cause. They more indicate that there is a problem rather than being the problem itself.

1. Have you installed or updated any drivers/software recently?
2. What security software are you running?

According to the whocrashed report, it's a software problem, not a hardware.

On that note, is it possible to use memtest without using a cd/dvd? Because my laptop has no disk dirve.

You can use a flash drive if your computer supports booting from that kind of device

M
That error code is almost always caused by faulty drivers (though on the rare occasion can be caused by mismatched memory). Also, netio.sys means Network Input Output and is a Windows driver for the internet networking but rarely are Windows drivers the cause. They more indicate that there is a problem rather than being the problem itself.

1. Have you installed or updated any drivers/software recently?
2. What security software are you running?

The laptop that I'm using is from my school, so it has pre-installed security software - in this case Symentec Endpoint Protection. I haven't updated any drivers, and I'm unaware of installing any software that could cause this problem.

Does your school have an IT department? You need to make sure that all the Windows Updates are applied to date

Does your school have an IT department? You need to make sure that all the Windows Updates are applied to date

Let's just say if I hand in my laptop, I won't be getting back for months. My school's IT guys are infamous for taking a long time to 'fix' laptops.

All updates have been downloaded, now to wait and see if I get another BSOD. I'll post the error messages if it does happen again.

Close to a month later, it happened again;

==================================================
Dump File : 121013-32978-01.dmp
Crash Time : 10/12/2013 5:59:28 PM
Bug Check String : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x000000d1
Parameter 1 : 0x00000014
Parameter 2 : 0x00000002
Parameter 3 : 0x00000000
Parameter 4 : 0x8c5adbf2
Caused By Driver : NETIO.SYS
Caused By Address : NETIO.SYS+6bf2
File Description : Network I/O Subsystem
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+415db
Stack Address 1 : NETIO.SYS+6bf2
Stack Address 2 : tcpip.sys+3fb32
Stack Address 3 : tcpip.sys+8e776
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\121013-32978-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 144,648
Dump File Time : 10/12/2013 6:00:36 PM
==================================================

Something intresting to note is that I have not been using utorrent very often in the last month; I used it last night and today, and now I get the crash. Is there a possibility that utorrent could be causing it?

uTorrent use can open your computer to a lot of nasty malware. You computers security software could be reacting to the threats

Back