BSOD / minidump thread, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, hope someone can help me out here.

I have been getting the irql_not_less_or_equal xp / BSOD after I installed a program for my new D-Link router "Network USB Utility". I was able to get into windows, but after about one minute on the desktop, the BSOD would appear again.

So I tried the "repair" from the XP CD I have, and 1/4 way through the installation process, same thing happens... BSOD

I am hoping the minidump files will tell what is going on, as I do not understand them at all.

I have 4 more .dmp files than the ones I have attached, if they are needed.. let me know

thank you.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is an 0xD1 error and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers and 4 of 5 of your errors are this error. One was inconclusive but the other three cited the probable cause as the driver tmtdi.sys and this belongs to your Trend Micro network Security software.

The remaing error is 0xA and these are caused by either hardware issues or a diver attempting to access an IRQ Level that it shouldn't.

The driver cited in thsi one is DlinkUDSMBus.sys which is pretty self explanatory.

Update Trend Micro and either uninstall and reinstall former drivers that worked for your D-Link or see if the updated drivers will take this time.

thanks for your help. I knew the culprit was that DlinkUDSMBus.sys was the culprit.

Hooked up the hard drive to another computer, deleted the .sys file.

booted up just fine!

Glad to hear it is resolved and thanks for getting back to us because this solution will be helpful for others.. Let us know if any problems continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back