BSOD On Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have owned this BSOD computer for two months and have experienced the BSOD syndrome almost from go. The store tells me it isn't a HW problem... I'm at wits end! Help! Thanks in advance. Dump attached.

BTW - running MS Wireless KB and Mouse 1000/2000. Altec Lansing speakers... all drivers up to date.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
System Model MS-7505
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, 2336 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V4.3, 12/5/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
Total Physical Memory 2,046.63 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.20 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4.22 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.29 GB
Page File Space 2.29 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

View attachment 48688

Interesting dump.

While the dump suggest that root cause is a disk hardware fault. I am not buying it.

can you share couple more dumps ? looking at more dumps can explain if the problem is random and may suggest an hardware problem.

the crash it self is a result of directX drivers which make me suspect that the issue relates to the display adaptor or its drivers, but I cant tell with only one dump.

I would suggest runnig harddisk tests to verify the disk is fine.

EZ123

my first impression is that this is a software problem and not an hardware. couple of the dumps here happens in the same place which is rare when it is relates to hardware.

4 of the minidumps are crashing on one or more symantec products. I would suggest you to remove ANY of the symantec products and verify if it is solving your issue.

Let us know if it does and we could then try and understand exactly what is faulting here.

if you still have problems after removing the symantec products, try sending new minidumps without the symantec products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back