BSOD on repair install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chas3r

Hi, Im having a problem with my computer getting a blue screen of death during a repair. I was getting a bsod everytime i started up my computer 0x0000007E so i decided to go ahead and try doing a repair. It worked fine up until 15 mins into the install and I get the same error (0x0000007E). I dont really know what is causing it or what to do.
My specs are

Windows XP home SP3 (My install disk is SP2 Though.)
Intel Pentium dual core 2.00 ghz
2gb ram
120gb HD
Nvidia 8400 gs Gfx card

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Does it boot in <SAFE MODE>?
Laptop or desktop? brand and model.
All the latest drivers downloaded? If so, go back to the drivers set that was used during the initial setup...
First, though, remove one memory module and test with the other. Then reverse modules.
The BSOD can be any hardware problem that is not quite right... and memory is the first of those to checkj... second, in our opinion, are the drivers for chipset and video graphics.

Thank you very much for your reply! It cant boot into safe mode because it cannot finish the installation. its a desktop enpower pc, pc club closed down last year though..=( i will try those suggestions and post back

I suspect that the problem is then tied to the drivers... what do you get, if anything, in the device manager... any yellow or red flags?

No, my fault. You know what you need to know when it will not boot into safe mode.... Will take a look at some possible fixes...
You have good equipment.
Can you try to remove 1 MB of memory, then attempt <SAFE MODE> boot again? Then
Change memory modules and try again.
This test of memory is fundamental to other analysis that must be done.

Do you have the Windows Install Disk that came with that unit?

I removed 1 gb of my memory and it stopped the BSOD!! Thank you very much!! I am having some trouble with a virus however. Since this isnt really the place for that I suppose i will make a thread in that forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back