BSOD problem + madness errors Dell laptop

DEVOXxCANADAxX

Hey Guys I Have Never Seen A Computer With These Many Mini Dumps In My Life But I am going to show You Anyways! I have Checked Most Of Them Out With WinDbg and still cannot point to the source.

So i am going to put them up and let me know what you think there is:

13.2 MB (13,848,520 bytes)
50 Files .dmp
multiupload.com/75R28SSMMU

It Did ten dumps today and not wanting to stop!

& I forgot to say so many problems glad its my old mans computer but it needs to be fixed bad!

I was thinking format but did that a month ago lol with my alienware restore CD

Computer Problems

Address a problem with Sigmatel C-Major audio driver
Sigmatel C-Major audio driver has stopped working properly.

To solve this problem, go online to your computer manufacturer's website and search for Sigmatel C-Major audio driver updates. (not going to work)

This computer Dell Inspiron 1525 Did come with Vista Basic OEMAct 32-bit Stock but killed the BootMGR and compressed it then had to format and the only disk i hade was my Alienware Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and loaded that.

Then had to load these drivers here:

Creative Labs Integrated Webcam 32bit64bit
Dell TouchPad Pointing Stick 64bit
Intel Mobile Chipset 32bit64bit
Sigmatel STAC 92xx C-Major HD Audio 64bit
win7_64_1512754

He say's he gets the BSOD just Closing the laptop lid lol

Anyways here's whats in the PC now and Info

Dell Insiron 1525
Original Operating System Vista Basic OEMAct 32-bit WAS Stock (Now Gone)
Alienware Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (Running Now)
Service Tag 566NJF1

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 540 @ 1.86GHz 4.2 3.0
Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB 4.5
Graphics Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family 3.2
Gaming graphics 358 MB Total available graphics memory 3.0
Primary hard disk 19GB Free (62GB Total) 4.9
Windows 7 Home Premium

System

Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Model Inspiron 1525
Total amount of system memory 2.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 1

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 72 GB
Disk partition (C:) 19 GB Free (62 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 10 GB Free (10 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Total available graphics memory 358 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB
Dedicated system memory 64 MB
Shared system memory 294 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.1930
Primary monitor resolution 1024x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
Network Adapter Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card

Let me know what you guys think...hate to see his computer go to the dump. Cant afford it right now!

WOW, how did you /he get 43GB of dsta in a month (including Win7)?
Any reason why you didn't delete all the partitions before installing Win7?
Don't know anything about the "Alienware Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit" DVD you used, is it customized?

Don't see the following drivers:

Ricoh r5c833 Card 32bit/64bit

Intel Turbo Memory 32bit/64bit

Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN MiniCard

Java Runtime Enviornment jre-6u5

Dell Recommended Vista Power Management Settings 32bit/64bit

Dell QuickSet 64bit

Marvell 88E80XX 10/100 Ethernet Controller 32bit/64bit

I think freah install after having Win7 setup delete all the partitions and knowing the DVD is not customized will jelp to see if there are any hardware failuers!

WOW, how did you /he get 43GB of dsta in a month (including Win7)?
Any reason why you didn't delete all the partitions before installing Win7?
Don't know anything about the "Alienware Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit" DVD you used, is it customized?

Don't see the following drivers:

Ricoh r5c833 Card 32bit/64bit

Intel Turbo Memory 32bit/64bit

Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN MiniCard

Java Runtime Enviornment jre-6u5

Dell Recommended Vista Power Management Settings 32bit/64bit

Dell QuickSet 64bit

Marvell 88E80XX 10/100 Ethernet Controller 32bit/64bit

I think freah install after having Win7 setup delete all the partitions and knowing the DVD is not customized will jelp to see if there are any hardware failuers!

CD Disk
No the disc is not modified i have an Alienware Aurora ALX and it came with my system its a backup but it installed windows 7 to it. It just say's System Manufacture Alienware No Biggie

Hard Drive
I formated that drive with my system...he wanted to keep the partition 10GB For something it was the factory and it was usless so i gave him some more room septet like he wanted.
Did not touch the partition 39MB Healthy.
If your looking why his memory is running low its because he uses that computer only for downloading movies and tv shows. Like Most Hunted lol.

Drivers
There hard to find for that system when its for a vista basic 32-bit I can only find drivers for that!
Found most but the rest i cannot find for windows 7 64-bit

BSOD
He was complaining again he had the blue screen 7 times to day the mini dump files are going to start filling his drive before he can download a show lol.

I told him get rid of that crap dell just sucks Period! Told him to get an acer / alienware or custom. But he only uses it for videos. So Acer is up his ally. He wanted a mac told him bad move!

1) he just started to learn windows
2) he cant use the software he's using right now on it!

So what do you think i should do?

There is no hardware problems i debuged that its software somewere! Note he also has crap ram and crap cpu under the MUST Have For 7

I would get a bigger drive so he has more storage.
Dell is loads better than Acer and MAC tons better than Dell. I get may be few MACs a year but many more Acer than Dell for repair,

I can get you the drivers you need from Dell, let me know if you are going to get a bigger drive and do a fresh install; on his main drive, he is getting very low and that is not good for Windows to do it's daily stretch exercises.

Or re-format the drive and leave a single partition, with an 80GB hard drive, (72GB after format), he does not have a choice to keep a partition of any size for anything. Then get him to get an external drive, I rather get a bigger drive, 500GB for around $70.00 and that's for a 7200RPM 16MB Cache then get an enclosure and use the 80GB as an external drive!

Let's refer to hard drive space as storage not memory so we are on the same page.

I would get a bigger drive so he has more storage.
Dell is loads better than Acer and MAC tons better than Dell. I get may be few MACs a year but many more Acer than Dell for repair,

I can get you the drivers you need from Dell, let me know if you are going to get a bigger drive and do a fresh install; on his main drive, he is getting very low and that is not good for Windows to do it's daily stretch exercises.

Or re-format the drive and leave a single partition, with an 80GB hard drive, (72GB after format), he does not have a choice to keep a partition of any size for anything. Then get him to get an external drive, I rather get a bigger drive, 500GB for around $70.00 and that's for a 7200RPM 16MB Cache then get an enclosure and use the 80GB as an external drive!

Let's refer to hard drive space as storage not memory so we are on the same page.

I wouldent worry about his hard drive he has a 2,000GB external so he never keeps anything on that computer.

Ya if you can help me find the other drivers i would appreciate that!
I can only find then for the 32-bit!

That computer came with are internet and its out of warrentry and dell sucks they say i need to pay just to talk to them thats why i hate dell. They can jam there computers so fare up there butt they will be spitting out key's! Hope they can see this i really diss there crappy company!

It sucks that dell bought out alienware so i got there sticker on my system.

It is absolutely OK with me if you don't want to worry about his hard drive, that is your choice and it is fine, at the same time it is my responsibility to worry about his drive not my choice.

I will give you the driver numbers you need to put in the search box on Dell's page, download then install but you have to wait till I get them and they are not here, took me some time to collect.

Meanwhile, do not allow his free space to fall any lower, create more free space, 25GB to 30GB, and move TV Shows, movies and such to the 2,000GB External drive.

EDIT:
Take a look at this, same driver names as I posted plus more, do read the comments:
Very brief guide to drivers for upgrading a Dell Inspiron 1525 from Vista 32-bit to Vista 64-bit or Windows 7 64-bit

It is absolutely OK with me if you don't want to worry about his hard drive, that is your choice and it is fine, at the same time it is my responsibility to worry about his drive not my choice.

I will give you the driver numbers you need to put in the search box on Dell's page, download then install but you have to wait till I get them and they are not here, took me some time to collect.

Meanwhile, do not allow his free space to fall any lower, create more free space, 25GB to 30GB, and move TV Shows, movies and such to the 2,000GB External drive.

EDIT:
Take a look at this, same driver names as I posted plus more, do read the comments:
Very brief guide to drivers for upgrading a Dell Inspiron 1525 from Vista 32-bit to Vista 64-bit or Windows 7 64-bit

Please post the driver download links i have seen the names several times i just cant find the downloads for windows 7 64-bit just the vista basic 32-bit.

There not on dell's website i looked i only see them for the 32-bit there not 64-bit

No need to quote me when there are no posts in between my last post and your reply ;)

To find them, simply go to Dell’s website, in the drop down box next to the search bar select “Support and Help” and type the R number in the search bar. The driver should be the first one listed. Click and download. Once downloaded, double click to install. That simple.

I will give you the driver numbers you need to put in the search box on Dell's page, download then install

Put the numbers he has posted, (to the left of the driver names) in the search box on Dell's web site.

Dammit first i asked for the links i don't under stand what your saying what ever i knew it was a wast of time on this type of forum.

What part of the "copy the R#####" and put it in the search box on Dell's side is hard for you to understand? I can walk you through getting the drivers if you want.

Reading the text shows how you read the posts and process the info, it is becoming more clear what might have gone wrong with the process if you cannot even understand a simple driver search and download with clear instructions from 2 sources!!!.

No one can say for certain what the cause of the BSODs are unless the hardware and software are up-to-date with firmware, patches and drivers. Then we can trouble shoot.

Go to www.dell.com

You will see a Search box at the top right hand corner.

The guy who has installed Windows7 64bit on the same model notebook as yours and happily running it, was nice enough to provide a guide and others who have the same notebook have commented on his guide and even added hints (don't worry, I am not going to ask you to read it, I didn't see BSOD any where so probably it is not a good idea to read) but go to that link and look at the drivers name that you complained you've already seent, there is a number to the left of them like the example bellow:

R182065 Dell Recommended Vista Power Management Settings 32bit/64bit

Take the number to the left of the driver name, in this case we are talking about R182065 (you can use copy and paste)

Go back to dell.com (it would help if you have 2 tabs running) put that number in the search box at the top right hand corner of the page and hit ENTER or click the magnifying glass to the right of the search box.

Wait till the search result page comes up, the first result at the top of the results, is the link to that driver, you will need to click it and on the next page download and install the driver.

Do this for the rest of the drivers you need.

The one I used as an example, looks like it might be important even though it doesn't say "Fix BSOD" but it is a needed driver according to Dell who made that notebook and has to do with power managment, your choice if you should install it or not.

Well ill try the drivers and hope that gets rid of the bsod problem that that computer has every day and see if that fix's the issue.

Thanks for helping i will post a message on here next week letting you know if the drivers fixed the blue screen of death

No nothing works i formated and installed windows several times & drivers. This computer is just a peace of crap by Dell.

I give up its going to the dump **** it!

Lesson to you all who are reading this...Never get a dell computer!

1) Crap hardware
2) Crap dell help lines (they will never help you & send you everyware) Must pay to talk
3) Bad software
4) Costly for what?....the name? thats all i see.
5) They never last that long your lucky it will run for 2 years!

Dell stands for: Dumb Empty Little Lies

Sorry to hear.

You might want to sell the parts to get money for a new one you might buy! The LCD alone without frame and hinges could sell around $100.00 easily. Then there is the keyboard, covers, optical drive and all.

Sorry, I should have asked you to test the RAM with Memtest or Win7 itself, may be even the hard drive.

Hiren Boot CD has all these tests and more.

If you change your mind, try another Win7 DVD (if possible) or go down to XP Pro or Home.

Na ill take your first step sell all the parts.

My old man is looking for a new computer now. he wants an alienware laptop but i know thats not going to happen they cost to much.

But thanks for helping anyways. That laptop is just a hair poller lol. O well

P.S i did a diagnostic on all the hardware and software but there is no problems. So i have no clue why its doing this.

I am a computer technician my self and i do this for a living and you think over my 7 years of fixing pc's one of them finely gets me ware it hurts....(My dads)

Get him end of lease "refurb" ThinkPad, T42s sell for $225.00 and are great with 7 and that's with 1GB DDR.

Any other entry level notebook even Toshiba, he'd be taking chances,
Stay away from HP Pavilion DV 6000, 9000 AMD based as well as any AMD based NVIDIA chipset/ GPU built around the same time.

One thing most people including myself forget is to check the RAM one stick at a time, fixed many BSODs with RAM change.
System boots and runs with 2 sticks of RAM but memtest finds one faulty once checked alone!

I know exactly how you feel, been there and still might end up there one day!

LoL

Do you have AIM If so add albertacanada420 beets talking on a forum.

He only uses the computer for downloading T.V Shows & Movies

This computer is ok its that or an acer!

I was thinking this here:
http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=69,70,71,3692&webid=884407&affixedcode=WW

Toshiba Satellite 18.4" Laptop, 2.4GHz Intel Core i5-450M, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD (P500-0TE)
2.4GHz Intel Core i5-450M processor with Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
4GB memory; Expandable to 8GB
1TB hard drive
8x DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) drive with Blu-ray Disc ROM
18.4” FHD TFT with TruBrite display
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics card with 1GB dedicated memory
Built-in Harman Kardon speakers
Integrated microphone and Webcam
Connectivity options include Ethernet LAN and Realtek Wireless LAN (802.11 bgn)
Ports include 4 x USB, Bridge Media Adaptor and HDMI-CEC
Up to 3 hours battery life
Energy Star qualified
Colour: Precious Black with Blast
Dimensions: 1.63”/1.83”(H) x 17.42”(W) x 11.58”(D)
Weight: 9.26 lb.
1-year limited warranty

I do use MSN from time to time, after many years staying away from it I finally gave in and signed up because I had to, the system setup with that is in the Kitchen though and I'm not always in front of it, no way would I put it on my main system ;) There is a Web based as well, never tried it.

WOW, that will serve him good for TV series viewing, nice display with high res. He will fill the hard drive fast since I wouldn't go any lower than 720P with that beast.

I would stay away from Acer!

I hope he is not using any public tracker, something we should not discuss here in the open probably!

Dood he just got a nice computer and a nice price lol Starting at:$1,199.99

Toshiba Qosmio X500 found here: http://laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/qosmio/X500

Works good but i am going to try to run windows xp on that crap computer. ill see more blue screens of death lol

I am glad i have a kick butt system with no problems and boted from incoming and out going connections!

Back