BSoD random processes mystery, for cpc2004 or any other expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniyac

Hi, I have periodical crashes and it seems I can't find any pattern or link between them... So if someone knows to read those minidump records, and tell me where is my problem, I would greatly appreciate!

Thx in advance,
Maniyac

What produced the debuglogs.zip? Try to send them to us in a .txt format, as most on this list cannot read them as they are.

Thx for fast reply,
in the .zip file are all of the minidump files converted from "mini112233-01.dmp" format to .txt files, as I used instructions form this post:
techspot [dot] com/vb/post181523-4 [dot] html

(sorry, can't post links since I have less then 5 posts :( )

Maniyac

I read 5 of your many debug logs and here is what was contained.

Two errors are 0x19: BAD_POOL_HEADER
A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the msot common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers.

They only cited Windows OS drivers and they are usually too general to be of much help.

Two errors are 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers or faulty or mismatched RAM. In both errors the VIA ethernet driver fetndbv.sys was cited as the cause of your issues.

The remaining error is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

In this report memory corruption was cited as your cause for your system crashes. Run memtest on your RAM. See the link below and please make sure you run it for a minimum of 7 Passes. Any errors and you have memory that needs to be replaced.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Thx for quick reply!
I ran memtest+ for 12 hours, 7 passes and found nothing!
With diverse nature of errors I came up with idea that everything is wrong?! :p Form minidumps I made statistics with process names and how often it caused error. See it for yourself in attachment...
Everything form video drivers, to core sys components caused error... Hence, my conclusion is: my whole comp is bad... :) ...tell me I'm wrong... please! :p

What is your motherboard make and what make, type, and amount of RAM do you have installed?

Have you checked for infection?

Is your new RAM compatable with your Asus motherboard? Asus will give a list for each and every motherboard model they make of recommended RAM.

I should have asked you what was the make of your RAM because Asus motherboards are very well known about being picky about the RAM that is installed.

I can't open case now, but CPU-Z says no manufacturer for first stick and "SpecTek Incorparated" for second stick... So I guess I could say my RAMs are "no name" :)

Did you look trough other minidump log files? Can you conclude something from that?

EDIT:
minor changes, typo mostly

Here are 3 last dumps (attached), see if you can conclude something from that.. :) ...again, tree different processes caused BSoD! I just don't get it... Is there any solution?! Any pattern that can be concluded from all minidumps I've posted?!

First, I wonder if there is an issue between your motherboard and your RAM<

Second, of the minidump texts the one that was definitive as possible cause was the driver smwdm.sys for your onboard audio. Go to Asus website, find your motherboard model and update their latest offerings for your onboard audio.

Things I have seen that cause such: Bad motherboard. Something inside your case that is loose and falling down to touch the motherboard, Bad memory socket. Any one of the PCI Slots filled with a bad card... I have seen bad modems that hadn't been used for years, that emitted spurious electrical responses... bad video graphics cards that became bad when some of the glue in the glued components came loose. Then tested fine on the bench. But the most common have been bad power supplies or bad power supply cables where disconnected sockets or plugs were being occasionally touched by other loose items during vibration. In fact, bad power supplies in geneeral. Also bad or loose wires from the switches in the front bezel, or bad jumpers on some of the motherboard switches.

The rest are more common.

Good luck to you. Let us know what you figger out.

Just remember it is one of Murphy's Laws. If anything can go wrong, it will.

Always suspect the worst when you are dealing with the best. And be more thorough than you think is necessary.,

I wonder that too on the first one... :)
For the second, I already have installed newest drivers for audio as well for everything else.
Fact that the audio driver caused error doesn't prove much... many drivers (if not all :D ) caused error at some point. Look at the statistics I made out of minidump outputs...

Interesting statistics. Do not match my experience with dumb failures. I guess I will create a file and graph it.

Sorry raybay, you've posted yours two posts while I was writing reply to Route44, so I didn't saw them immediately ... Thx for joining thread! :)

Everything in the case itself should be OK in terms of physical contact and connection, where needed. I just hope that motherboard is not the problem, and therefore I think it isn't... :p :D It occurred to me that PSU could be the problem, but until I test everything else that you said, I will disregard it for now... Will try changing memory sockets, disconnecting old dial-up modem, check glue on graphic, PSU cables, jumpers.

Btw, Murphy's Law is constantly my friend when I'm around computers! :p

If you graph it, post it here... :)

Hey guys!

Long time no txt... :p I forgot to let you know about my situation with BSoD.

I think I've found what seemed to be the problem with my Win... My TV was too close to the PC case, and when I moved it away, BSoD was happening really really less often... :) So I am satisfied with the results and PC behavior for now. :)

(old CRT TV at the back end, as we all know ;) , shoots electrons, so that seems to made bad static electricity inside the case) - and therefor all that random BSoDs!!!

dcpi5h.jpg

...so, top schematic is my old setup and bottom schematic is current. :)

Here are ALL the minidump files in .txt format
and
STATISTICS that I've made during all this time I've had BSoD crashes.

I hope it will be useful to somebody... :)

Thx @all for the effort!

Attachments

• !minidump statistics NEW.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 1
  • debuglogs minidumps ALL p1.zip
    171.5 KB · Views: 0
  • debuglogs minidumps ALL p2.zip
    175.9 KB · Views: 0
  • debuglogs minidumps ALL p3.zip
    83 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.