BSOD sometimes occurs upon restart or start up, resolves itself after numerous attempts

Hi everyone!
Currently trying to solve this BSOD. Sorry for the lack of .dmp zipped files. I am also not allowed to zip my .dmp files I have discovered upon trying to do so, so that I can share on here. I found that copy, pasting, then zipping did work however. I hope it worked anyways! Thanks in advance!!

Home Build
MOBO= Msi Z97-G43
Powersupply= Power Man model # IP-P500CQ3-2 P5 H, 500 Watts
CPU = i5 4690k @ 3.50 GHz
RAM= 2x 8GB corsair vengeance lp 1600 Mhz
Graphics card= Geforce GTX 760

Attachments

• 051017-52946-01.zip
    106.9 KB · Views: 2
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ntoskrnl.exe (the NT Operating System Kernel) crashed itself at 8:16 which it isn't supposed to... I would consider RAM as most likely issue - first check Device Manager for error alerts to eliminate other possibilities. Microsoft says "run the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool, to try and isolate the physical memory as a cause. In the control panel search box, type Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems.‌ After the test is run, use Event viewer to view the results under the System log. Look for the MemoryDiagnostics-Results entry to view the results." I like memtest86 myself.

amifldrv64.sys (MSI driver) caused the 9:27 crash - so you may want to check MSI for updated chipset drivers for your motherboard - this could also be caused by memory or other hardware issues

So as of last night, I have replaced both RAM sticks. Went from 2X4GB to 2X8GB. Should rule out possibility of RAM issue in future. Will look into other issue and report back!

You guys are awesome BTW, thanks for the responses

Had a bit of a scare after updating Chipset driver. Ended up on a screen after installation reboot that said something along the lines of "press key to indicate boot drive" or something like that. I should have wrote it down. Anyways after going to BIOS I ended up getting through everything and to log in screen. Then tried to Log in again and got another BSOD. Went to safe mode and did a reset to time prior to driver install. Here are attached files for that as well. Feeling a bit worried may be a complicated issue..

Attachments

• 051017-52946-01.zip
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
Personal opinion: hardware needs to come first...must have good clean POST... then boot in SAFE MODE. Once convinced that hardware works without quirks (especially RAM), then move to CLEAN BOOT (Windows considered stable and good - no third party drivers). IF issues arise in CLEAN BOOT, it is how Windows is doing with the hardware, so could still be some kind of hardware quirk or, just possibly, an issue within Windows. IF no issues in CLEAN BOOT, then load system updates (chipset, etc). IF still doing well, try normal boot which loads your 3rd party drivers and runtime apps.

Solving hardware problems: unless it shows up in Device Manager or in error/beep codes or in memory test, you have to resort to labor intensive approach - either build up from basics or swap known good components in.

Make notes all along the way. The motherboard manual is your friend, consult often.

Back