BSOD STOP 0x000000D1 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingof2v1

Hi guys, have been getting this BSOD error for a while now and I'm getting fed up. Need to fix it :)

I've updated (and also reverted) all of my device drivers and have ran rigorous memtests which all came out good.

I usually get an 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, but here are the logs from two events in event viewer with the error:

"Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000040, parameter2 000000ff, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 807d0e14."

"Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000040, parameter2 000000ff, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 807d0ef0.

My Setup:
Windows XP SP3
1GB Corsair PC3200 DDR400 RAM
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Processor
GeForce 9400GT Video Card
500GB Western Digital Caviar SE SATA Hard Drive
Asus 300W ATX Power Supply

If anyone can help me that would be great!

When do you usually get the stop error?

Depending on when you get the message, it could be that certain USB devices are causing this error. It can also be caused by certain network setups, but in those cases there is usually an HTTP.sys attached to the stop message.

I know you've already run through various driver updates, but it might simply be because the device is attached that you're getting the error.

That's a great question... I mostly get the blue screen errors when I am playing video games like counter-strike or diablo 2/starcraft. I also tend to get them when I stream High-Def videos and/or have lots of programs and processes going. If I am just using my computer normally i.e. browsing mozilla and maybe chatting on aim then I almost never see a blue screen error.

My girlfriend was actually getting the same sorts of errors. She got them while she was playing WoW. I have a feeling it might be a problem with Windows or a problem that goes to the very deep hardware level.

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but IRQL stands for Interrupt ReQuest. I can't remember what the L is for.Level perhaps... But in any case, it means that the system has a series of requests that it sends and receives based on what's going on, and these requests are handled by the OS and the RAM/Processor/Graphics card. If too many requests occur, or they're not sorted out fast enough, then it will give that error message.

This could mean that the drivers weren't functioning correctly, or that the RAM wasn't handling the send/receive of the requests, or maybe it's how the OS and the processor handle them all. It may even just be the case that the die that your processor was made on wasn't the best and that it can't handle as high a load as others. Maybe it's just that certain processor models have some instability. The speculation can just run wild from here.

The best thing I could suggest to you from here would be to check for windows OS updates, and then perhaps see if clearing out the dust in your computer may help, or maybe replacing the thermal paste on the processor just in case it's running hotter than it should. I'm not sure where to go from here.

The temperature on my cpu is fine, same with the temperature of my video card. I have already cleaned the dust out and installed all updates. This has also lasted through two reformats.

I would like to add that I have got a different blue screen error for the first time today....
0x50 error Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

Is it possible for anyone to look at my dump files?

0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers. Attach your five most recent dumps but please put them in ONE zip file; don't zip each one separately.

Four of your minidumps are 0xD1 and the other is 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

All five minidumps only cited OS drivers as the cause and OS drivers are usually too general to be of much help.

Because 0x50 and 0xD1 can be also caused by faulty RAM I suggest you run Memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Hey, I mentioned in my first post that I did run memtest, and it came back with 0 errors. It was something like over 20 passes, left it on overnight.

Hey, I mentioned in my first post that I did run memtest, and it came back with 0 errors. It was something like over 20 passes, left it on overnight.

The RAM voltage in my bios was set to 2.60 and the recommended voltage from corsair was 2.75 so I've changed it to 2.75. Also, have had another crash since I changed the voltage but it wasnt a blue screen, the screen just froze while I was playing counter-strike (a game)

Download this, it should list everything about your past bsod, it shows what driver is causing the bsod.

(Don't have enough posts so I can't post a direct link but the program is called BlueScreenView).

@Route44: Yes, I did update my video drivers.. many times, have probably tried over 4-5 different drivers, fully uninstalling previous drivers as well as rolling back.

Here are the results from BlueScreenView:
Almost all (8 out of 12) my blue screens were caused by driver processr.sys.
I also have one error with NDIS.sys which was the 0x50 error.
There are two errors NVNRM.SYS, and then the most recent error was caused by driver hal.dll though this is the only instance that I've seen hal.dll

what do I do:? :0

yes I did build the system... many years ago. I'm not sure if I installed the Nvidia firewall or not. Also, it appears that I have the most up to date drivers for the nForce 410... should I revert to older ones?

Good question, which leads me to another question: Were you having any issues prior to updating the nForce410? If no it would not hurt to see if rolling back will help.

Also, two other things have come to mind. One, it might pay to run a security system scan just to determine if you are infected or not. And when I read your dumps all were OS drivers which as I said are usually too general to be of much help. Like you've noted processr.sys came up quite a bit. I am wondering if this file might not be corrupted. Perhaps if other things don't correct your issue it might be worth doing a ChkDsk / r

By the way, since setting the RAM at manufacturer's voltage specs are you getting the same amount of BSODs?

I've been getting the D1 and 8e error for a while, but I'm not sure if the errors I was getting before are related to NVNRM.sys (the nForce) or not because I didn't have a blue screen viewer at that point. edit: I have changed the nforce410 drivers from v8.26 to v8.22

I've already run a chkdsk.

I have not gotten a BSOD yet since setting the RAM's voltage specs but that's because I haven't really been playing any video games. I usually only BSOD when playing video games or streaming high def videos.

I have ESET NOD32 and have done scans with Malwarebytes and ComboFix which all came out clean.

Edit: I have installed 2GB of new RAM into my PC. Now might not be the best time to do so, but running with only 1GB was driving me nuts.
I found out that I DO have the Nvidia firewall installed as well as the Nvidia ForceWare Network Access Manager.
So far, no BSOD.. I'll report back if I get one, in the meantime I will be looking forward to hearing your replies and information.

First, excellent antivirus. I myself run NOD32.

If your BSODs aren't due to the Nividia firewall or you don't have other issues from it then you make up .001% of the world's population! Seriously, the three rules of the Nvidia firewall are as follows:

1. Do NOT install.

2. Do NOT install.

And...

3. Do NOT install.

* If you are having stability then try running video games and report back. We might be looking at a faulty card. Also, your system is similar to mine. I am suspicious of that power supply.

Hey, I have crashed again, but it wasnt a blue screen. I simply froze (and had to hard reboot) while gaming. This is probably related, right?

edit: The same freeze-crash has happened 2-3 more times. No BSOD yet though... also, windows has seemed like its carrying something heavy on its back ever since I changed the memory voltage, I'm going to consider changing it back

Change it in increments.

Do you have a multimeter or a friend who has one so you can test your power supply and see if it is supplying what you need?

Also, if you can, borrow a video card and run it in your system. If it is only freezing in gaming your video card may be the prime issue. Do you get freezing otherwise?

I'll ask my friend if he has a multimeter. My computer freezes at other times, it's not always when I'm gaming.. my theory is the more I stress my computer with applications and programs using a lot of processes it crashes (BSOD) or freezes.

I don't know why I didn't try this before, but I was tinkering with SpeedFan a bit, and decided to see how the temperature was when I played a game. The core was showing 75-80 degrees Celsius when I was playing. That is pretty hot, isnt it?

You know what, I think you may have just hit on something because 75-80 C = 167-176 F. Ouch! heat certainly will cause issues and shut down. Check your manufacturer's heat maximum for your video card.

I'd check other temps as well, plus fans. I'd still check out the power supply. There are also online power calculaters that you can plug in your hardware that will tell you how much power you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back