BSOD "STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I was downloading an updated driver for my printer when my wonderful daughter reset the computer. Now my windows is corrupt. I tried repairing windows with the cd and its not finding a previous version of windows installed. So I went ahead and installed a 2nd windows os on the computer so now at least I have the "My Documents" folder copied. The newer Windows works fine, but the original one is corrupt. I want to be able to save my emails and address book. Does anyone know of a way that I can do this from Windows Explorer.

Or I'd like to try just fixing the original OS system enough that I can log on and get my info then wipe the hard drive clean and start over. The message I get when starting the original Windows is:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down

PLEASE help me...I don't want to lose all my emails!

You might be able to use the last known good configuration
from the startup and recovery menu, this saved me a couple of times.

You can get it to come up by pressing F8 during system startup of the corrupt version of windows. Select last known good configuration.

I don't know if this will work, but its worth a try.

I tried that repair already. It doesn't find any previous versions of Windows installed. It just gives me the option to install another Windows on the computer.

Yeah, I did the chkdsk, and chkdsk /p and chkdsk /f and they all "cleaned it" but I still get the error.

It was a HP Printer driver that I was trying to download when it got interrupted.

try boot into safemode, and do a system restore. Once you entered inside, you can click restore at earlier time. I've tried this and it is worked wor me(sorry for my bad english)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back