BSOD Vista

Lomas hi

First I would like to say I have no experience in this area however I am trying my best I just tried a system restore earlier today which came to a crash so I restarted my pc, however now it will not load windows it goes to a BSOD, I tried many things I seen on the Internet. Such a's put you're vista disc in it just loads files then BSOD I can't reformat a's it just keeps BSODing I put a xp os disc in that seemed to do more was looking good but then also BSOD, I am now out if ideas and with just my phone to look for new ways it's becoming increasingly difficult, I would like too see you're suggestions or fixes so I may finally use my pc again. I can not reply for the next few hours due to having to sleep a's I hav college in 5 hours . Please help

You get the infamous BSOD when you try to perform a clean disk format?

One thing to rule out is a bad sector on your HDD. Your BIOS probably has a hardware diagnostic tool to check your hard disk for mechanical errors and bad sectors.

Hopefully that's not the issue, but ruling that out can save you hours of troubleshooting the OS. (*ack*)

You get the infamous BSOD when you try to perform a clean disk format?

One thing to rule out is a bad sector on your HDD. Your BIOS probably has a hardware diagnostic tool to check your hard disk for mechanical errors and bad sectors.

Hopefully that's not the issue, but ruling that out can save you hours of troubleshooting the OS. (*ack*)

Good advice!

How many tests did you do on Drive 0 and what utility did you use?

Who is the manufacture of Harddrive 1?

Are your harddrives in a RAID array?

How many tests did you do on Drive 0 and what utility did you use?

Who is the manufacture of Harddrive 1?

Are your harddrives in a RAID array?

I have no idea about raid I have tested twice both times it has worked, driver I also have no idea a's it was purchased for me by my dad

Because the diagnostics were not supported by the second harddrive we need to find the make of the harddrive in order to run the correct diagnostics.

Contact Dell support via email with the model ID and ask them about the make of your harddrive.

How old is this system?

Ingot a cd with the driver sir something on it however hen I boot or itit takes be I this like CBS thing and wants a command

How can I contact dell I have no access to Internet / pc a's I am on my phone here. I can't really phone them until my parents are out a's I'm not too use the phone. Also about those raid whatever they are I do have those :D

Back