BSOD when playing flight sim 2004 after installing new CPU

Hi

Ive just recently installed a new AMD ATHLON 64 X2 5600 CPU and when playing flight sim 2004 after about 30 mins i get a bsod.

any ideas?

cheers

Can you please post minidums for analysis? You can find them in C:\windows\minidump. Please zip in to single if you have multimple zip files.

Also, provide us with complete system specifications. Regards

Ok will do.

heres my spec.

AMD ATHLON 64 X2 5600+
4GB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA GTS 250 GRAPHICS CARD
PHILIPS PSC604 5.1 SOUND CARD
WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SERVICE PACK 3
MAXTOR 60GB 4R060JO HDD

That should be able to handle this game reasonably well, anyway please attach minidumps with your next post so I can have a look and hopefully come up diagnostic pointing to what may be causing the issues.

To attach a file with your post, click on 'Go Advanced' button, and once you've typed your message, click on little paper clip button on the first row of icons above the message box, it will ask you to choose file/path etc. in a new pop up window, once you've done that just click on upload, then click on 'Close Window' button at the bottom of that screen. Regards

Ok heres the files

Attachments

• Mini071710-01.dmp
    80 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini071710-02.dmp
  • Mini071710-03.dmp
  • Mini072010-01.dmp
  • Mini072110-01.dmp
All of your minidumps pointed at your Audio Driver being the root cause of this issue (i.e. QSoftAud.sys) with 0xD1 error.

The time stamp on this Driver is from 2002, which makes it very very old driver release, please check your your Philips sound card's support site for newer drivers and download them.

Before installing newer version, you must uninstall the current version, then download Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner Pro (both free and easily available) and run to clean out any left over files, then install the newer driver you downloaded.

I hope that fixes the issue, if for some strange reasons it doesn't please turn off 'Full Hardware Acceleration' both in windows control panel and audio driver's setting, and try standard or basic. Please do let us know about your progress. Regards

Back