BSOD when starting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC running on Vista Home Premium SP1 and tried to install ROSE online game. However whenever I try to run the game, BSOD occurs and here is the error msg.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 87C0CD90
BCP3: 87C0CEDC
BCP4: 82089430
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I check for all drivers and seems like all drivers are updated. Tried older and newest drivers, did memory test and registry check and everything was fine. No virus was found and I used WhoCrashed to find out what causes the crash and this is what it said:

On Sat 2/28/2009 9:58:41 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: csrss.exe
Bugcheck code: 0xF4 (0x3, 0x87D44AA8, 0x87D44BF4, 0x81C52400)
Error: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Client Server Runtime Process
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Likely the culprit is another driver on your system which cannot be identified.

Here is my computer spec:
Processor : Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS

I don't know what else to do, please help. Thanks in advance.

I tried to change the compatibility modes and none of the listed OS worked as well as the options under setting. What else can I do?

All five errors are 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

As you can see this is not an easy BSOD to deal with because many paths are open as to its cause.

The driver cited in all five minidumps is the essential Windows driver csrss.sys but is too general to be of much help.

However, in every minidump it was also noted that the driver cmdguard,sys was unable to load and this belongs to your COMODO firewall. Either update it or uninstall it and do a complete reinstall. Let us know if this brings stability.

You might want to temporarily uninstall it and see if your system has stability.

Hi boncu,

You can try setting the affinity for Rose to use only 1 CPU, this needs to be done in Task Manager each time you play. It helps for some other online games.

Good luck,

Taff.

Route44 was right. The game crashed with the COMODO AV. Happened to other computer as well when I installed COMODO on it. Thanks so much for everyone's help.

boncu, another firewall you might want to try is Online Armor's free version. it even has HIPS.

Or, go to the COMODO forums and find out if a) they have and updated version or b) they have a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back