BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

snipershot

I just re-downloaded WoW today, and right after it finished loading, I blue-screened. I recently found a post about this, but I couldn't post because it was locked, and couldn't Pm because I just joined. He said that if I posted my minidumps, it can tell me what my problems are, but I can't read mine, so I need someone to help. And I can't upload it to techspot because it isn't in the 200 kb limit, so if there is another way I can, let me know.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder) and we will read them. Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip -- the ZIP option will compress the minidump files so that you can attach them. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Confused

I try too send it to a compressed folder, but it says, "File not found or no read permission". I have no idea what to do o.O

P.S You were the guy I was hoping that would post :D

Are you getting the message saying that you do not have permission to access the minidump folder/files even though you are the administrator of your system? If so, what operating system are you running?

Thanks

Thanks a bunch, here is the file, and I'm only giving you one because the other ones are from months back, and because I just got this one today. If you want me to send you all of them, I'm more than happy to.

Attachments

• 061411-204782-01.zip
    21.2 KB · Views: 4
Your error code is 0x000000CE: DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS
A driver failed to cancel pending operations before exiting. Commonly occurs after installing faulty drivers or system services.

The driver in question is facap.sys belonging to faCap WebCam Capture. As per your minidump it was preventing the Nvidia driver nvlddmkm.sys from loading.

See if there are updated drivers from faCap. Tell us if it resolves your problem.

I think...

I think I found a driver for FaCap, I'll let you know if it works or not. And I would still like to know if there is a place where I can check if anything is out of date on my computer. It'd be sweet if you found one.

Damn

It's happened TWICE today, and here are the DMP files.

Attachments

• 061511-27300-01.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 061511-37190-01.zip
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
The minidump that is most significant is the one that specifically cites that your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

Back