BSOD Win7 64 bit, mini dump attached

bludhawk

My computer has had a blue screen problem on and off for a while. Sometimes it will run fine for days on end and then other days the BSOD will occur multiple times. The motherboard has been replaced and the problem is still occuring.

Processor: Intel Core i7 930 Quad Core Processor LGA1366 2.8GZ 8MB
Motherboard: ASUS P6T X58 ATX LGA1366 DDR3 3PCI-E1
RAM: Corsair XMS3 6GB DDR3 3x2GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 5850 725MHZ 1Gb GDDR5 4.0GHZ
Power Supply: Corsair TX750W 750W ATZ 12V 60A 24PIN

The 12 minidump files on my computer are compressed and attached.

Attachments

• Minidump 1.zip
    94.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Minidump 2.zip
    118.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Minidump 3.zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
With your error codes, particularly the 0x109, we want you to run Memtest on your RAM

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match? How about the timings?

I ran memtest on the default test for 7 hours overnight and no errors were detected. In the morning i changed it to test 9 which ran all day while i was at school. This test also did not show any errors. I checked the RAM specs and it showed the voltage should be about 1.65V (It was currently at a standard voltage of 1.50V with a min of 1.50V and a max of just over 2.00V). I don't know how much of a difference the 0.15V will make but i changed it to the recommended voltage anyways. For the MHz it was set to auto so i couldnt tell exactly what it was at but i changed it to the recommended 1600MHz. The problem doesn't always occur and is really random so i won't know for sure whether changing those will fix the problem. Are there any other problem's that could be doing this?

Yes, even incremental voltage changes can make a BIG difference between stable and unstable memory. We see a lot of memory corruption reads that has nothing to do with defective RAM per se but that the motherboard set the memory voltages wrong.

If this RAM is designed for 1.65v then set it there.

My motherboard for some reason didnt want me to set it at 1.65V, it's reason was voltages over 1.65V can cause damage to the ram but it had no problem with me setting it at 1.64V. I'm assuming this will not matter. Thank you for your help in this matter. I really appreciate it.

It seems to be stable at the moment, but like i said earlier "Sometimes it will run fine for days on end and then other days the BSOD will occur multiple times." so I won't know for sure whether the problems is fixed. I'll just have to wait and find out.

New mini dump

The problem doesn't seem to be resolved. My computer just blue screened again about 5 min ago. Here is the latest minidump. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 011411-21091-01.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 1
Should i contact corsair first since the problem appears to be memory corruption and the motherboard was recently replaced? What should i be telling them?

Tell them the minidumps were read and memory corruption was cited every time, the memory configurations you tried, the voltage and timing settings -- basically everything you reported here and yet nothing has been resolved.

Back