BSOD Windows 10 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I can reliably reproduce this problem by running my BitTorrent Client (Vuze). After running the application for five to six minutes, my system freezes. If I leave the freeze alone for long enough, I get a blue screen of death.

My PC was custom built a bit over three years ago. System Specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/6MhXRNl5AqHqPpgC4JALDXB

At the time it was built, SSD drives were quite expensive. My OCZ-VERTEX3 ATA SSD drive is 90 GB and is storing my OS and not much else. The vast majority of my games, programs and media files are stored on my WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 ATA drive. Vuze is writing to this second drive.

My first attempt at fixing this had to do with turning off Indexing. This didn't work (though I'm open to repeating the test if recommended by users here). I also tried updating the firmware on my drives. The OCZ has been upgraded to 2.25. According to the manufacturer, my WDC drive hasn't had a firmware update since I bought it.

Not sure if this is a hardware, software, or driver problem.

My problem is very similar to the following issue. However, that's for Windows 8.1, and mine is for Windows 10. https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-while-using-bittorrent-windows-8-1.210810/

Zip containing minidump files attached.

Any help or even just being pointed in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    85.5 KB · Views: 1
Did you have this problem before upgrading to Windows 10 or after? Minidumps show nothing helpful

No problems before going to Windows 10. Previously I was on Windows 7. I've noticed that there are a lot of similar issues to this that cropped up for Windows 8.1, so I am assuming that this is a holdover of a common 8.1 issue in 10. Of course, I could be wrong about that.

Also: Do you have any thoughts as to how I can go about getting more useful error log files?

Last edited by a moderator:
Go into Settings, Update & Security, Recovery, Reset either keeping files or keeping nothing

Back