BSOD while using Bittorrent.Windows 8.1

Hello everyone.Its great to be here.

My PC regularly crashes and I am sure it is because of Bittorrent.I have tried many clients to no avail.
The screen just freezes and I don't really see a "BSOD",and I have to manually restart.This happened many times,but this is the first time a minidump was created,so I finally have something to post.

I then even reinstalled my OS and all the drivers to eliminate the chances of this being caused due a virus/malware,but it did not help.Please help me.

Here are my full PC specifications,on speccy :

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/CiKtD2bQA04pZUNzhfRCzZR

Thank you,have a nice day!

Attachments

• FX-6300-Sat_03_28_2015_212943_81.zip
    257.2 KB · Views: 2
Thank you for the replies.What should I do next?

Bluescreenview though does list this as the error: 0x00000124 and this is the driver which caused it: ntoskrnl.exe.

Does that help in nay way?

Bluescreenview will highlight offending drivers in red in the minidump. You have nothing highlighted and the Bug Check String is empty. You can check your memory using Memtest86 version 5.01:
www.memtest.org
Test the boot drive by going to Computer. Right-click on the C drive. Select properties, tools, check now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

Problem has been solved.It was caused by the software "Dlighter".
Uninstalling it has made my system perfect again.

Thanks a lot for the help everyone and specially Tmagic650!

I had a question in this thread: I am having a set of very similar symptoms to the original poster to this problem, and was asking that person how they identified that Dlighter was the problem application all along.

Simultaneously, I posted my own set of problems as a seperate thread. Because for all I know, my problem and the original poster's problem here may have been related.

My question here was deleted for the following reason:

" Your post in the thread BSOD while using Bittorrent Windows 8.1 was deleted. Reason: Do not post your problem in multiple threads"

With respect to the moderator, I was not posting my problem in multiple threads.

I posted my problem in another thread.

I have no idea if the problem experienced by Suddenfall is the same problem I am experiencing. For all I know, we could have been experiencing the same symptoms for different reasons.

In fact, I very probably am experiencing a very different problem, because I do not have the Dlighter application on my system.

However, it remains reasonable for me to ask of Suddenfall (and anyone else watching) how they could have gone about determining that the Dlighter application was to blame. It is possible that a similar technique may work for me. Asking that question here seems reasonable.

Also: As it stands, someone else replied to me here suggesting that I "Remove AVG and enable Windows Defender to see if this computer stabilizes." This could be useful advice. I wanted to clarify from this person if they thought that I should uninstall AVG completely, or merely disable it, before running such a test. I am now unable to do so, as their helpful comment has now been deleted too.

The efficacy of this thread in allowing other people with similar problems to research possible solutions for highly technical problems has been diminished by the removal of my original comment, and the removal of the response to that comment, and the cessation of the conversation that would have followed from this.

I understand the and respect necessity of enforcing comment policies such that people cannot spam the same issue in every single thread. But, again, and with all due respect, I do not feel that that is what happened here. I believe the moderator was overzealous in their role in this case.

The moderator's decision is of course final. I leave it to that moderator to determine whether or not they are inclined to change their minds.

Back