BSOD WinXP 0x0000007E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please someone help.

After running a spyware check, I clicked next and it removed the items and it required me to restart, after a few minutes the BSOD was shown

''A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop screen, restart your computer if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in this stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for a driver update. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as memory caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select safe mode.''

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x80409A69, 0xF897B67C, 0xF897B378)

I can't run safe mode, as it shows the bsod screen.

It could very well be you are still infected. I suggest going to our Virus and Malware removal forum read the UPDTED 8 step sticky, follow the steps as given and then post there with the three required logs.

I can't get into windows, because of the bsod screen, i can't get into safe mode either.

I used the Super Anti-Spyware, from step 5 before encountring the problem.

Please run Bios Setup Defaults
Bios is accessed by pressing the displayed Fn key or DEL key when the computer first turns on
Save and Exit Bios settings

Also detach any not required hardware (Printer external drives etc)
You may need to remove any additional internal addon hardware (on Desktops)

You could also run Memtest on your Ram (but I don't think this is it)

Another option is to run CheckDisk from the Recovery Console, info HERE

Ultimately you may need to Repair Windows

They are on default already. I haven't got anything attached to it other than a keyboard, mouse and a wireless usb adapter, which i removed.

I will try the other things you mention.

Well there is nothing wrong with the RAM. I didn't do the test because i couldn't get the cd-rom to work. However I plugged in a spare hard drive I had, and it loaded up fine, so i'm guessing the problem isn't with any hardware components. Probabily the problem lies with a software or a driver.

Is there any way I can get my old documents (uni) from it or fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back