BSOD with bad_pool_caller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I need help identifying the problem here. I sporadically get a BSOD with bad_pool_caller error message. When it boots up again into windows, it says that windows has recovered from a serious error. The error signature is as follows:

BCCode : c2 BCP1 : 00000007 BCP2 : 00000CD4 BCP3 : 02060001
BCP4 : 890F9458 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I'd appreciate some help here. I have no idea what's making my system go all bonkers. Thank you in advance.

We need your minidump files to help.

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump files.

It is these minidump files that we need, not the Minidump Folder. Attach the files to your next posting and someone should be able to read them.

All four minidumps record a C2 error and typically this is caused by a faulty driver or buggy software.

In this case in all four dumps point to vsdatant.sys which is a driver for ZoneAlarm.

I suggest 1) updating drivers if possible or 2) getting on their forums and see what information/tips they have for rectifying this issue or 3) uninstall and reinstall ZA.

Thank you Route44, I will try posting on their forums and see what's the problem. I appreciate the help. On a side note, what do you need to read the minidumps? I'd like to learn a bit about so I could help in due time other people here :) And I always like to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back