BSOD with old games

Status
Not open for further replies.

foycur

My computer (specs are below) seems to not like older windows games. Tried to play Lego Racers with my boys, BSOD. Tried to play Nicktoon Racers, BSOD. Plays games like CoD and GTA SA without an issue. I don't get it. If it were a video driver problem, or audio driver, wouldn't it crap out with EVERY game? I'm bamboozled, and need some advice.

If you look in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump there should be .dmp files in there..attach 3-4 of the most recent ones on your next reply and we will be more than happy to take a look at them and help you with this issue.

Alright, here are my last two minidumps that occurred when playing Lego Racers. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Minidump 112308-01
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_20
Probably caused by : cmuda.sys

The driver cmuda.sys belongs to the software C-Media WDM Audio Interface or C-Media Audio Driver (WDM) by C-Media Inc.

Possible solution

Uninstall your audio driver then download and install the latest version from your manufacturers website.

Also you may want to go here https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ and do thoes steps in order not skipping any just to be sure

Also you will want to make sure that all of your drivers are up to date by going to the manufacturers website and checking for updated versions of drivers.

After doing the above stated, please post back and let us know if the issue was resolved or not. If not we will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue.

no luck

uninstalled the driver, then I went to the website to find it. there were no drivers on the website! Some legal matter prevented them from putting them up, so I went back and installed the driver I had first put on when I set up the motherboard. Same result.

Do I have to use that particular audio driver, or is there another that I could try using, along the lines of the Omega drivers for video cards?

well, another option would be if you have an open PCI slot in your computer is to buy another sound card that will be able to provide you drivers.

Just wondering, is this an intergrated sound device or an aftermarket sound card?

it's an integrated sound card on the board. why will some games cause no problems, and others cause it to crash?

Maybe it is the way the older games use the hardware/drivers. I can't say for sure. One way to test it out is either get a sound card or maybe see if a friend/relative has one you can use/borrow to test it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back