BSOD With Random Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okey a week or two ago the computer began to BSOD with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, also recently the screen has completely blacked out but the computer is still on. I have tried removing the memory 1 stick at a time and also removing the graphics card but no hope. When the computer randomly blacks out there is no log in the event viewer what so ever. I have looked at the crash dumps and can't seem to find the cause of the errors. If someone could help that would be great

Below I have attatched some recent crash dumps

4 of your 5 minidumps all specifically cite the same culprit: memory corruption.

Run Mem test for a minimum of 7 passes though if errors occur sooner then run this test on each individual stick to see which ones are faulty. Replace said RAM.

I have been trying to run memtest but no luck as i don't have a spare floppy disk and the only CD's we have avilable are DVD's which i think would be a waste. I could use the USB version but don't know how to create a bootable sector on them.

If you have a CD it would be a "waste" also considering how little space it uses. But this isn't the point. The point is it can be stored as a utility and used whenever you want it. Burn it on DVD.

Okey I will try and get hold of one from my brother who is the one who buys them for burning

also i have had both sticks in today and havn't come across a problem yet, i did remove a mountain of old drivers that weren't used. I will still run memtest to be sure

Good. It will at least eliminate corrupted memory as a possibility but keep in mind on rare occasions bad RAM can pass MemTest.

If you cleaned up a bunch of old drivers and you have stability I would see how your system runs 24-48 hours and if no crashes occur that may have been your issue after all. Old drivers unused and left installed can cause all kinds of issues.

Keeo us up-to-date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back