BSOD with Win XP but not in safe mode

Hello.
So I have older Dell PC with Win XP pro. It suffered through a power outage the other day and since then it Blue Screens with NTFS.sys and PAGE_IN_NONPAGED_FAULT error. It loads fine in safe mode.
  • I did a repair from the Dell OEM disc
  • Changed the memory out
  • set almost all services from automatic to manual.
  • removed the nvidia G420 video card and put another AGPcard n it
  • removed the PCI based wifi card.
  • created a new user and logged in as that user (in case profile was bunked)
  • uninstalled all the dumb stuff
  • ran combofix
  • used hijackthis to remove instances of an old toolbar
  • reseated the cpu with silver.
  • Deleted, then disabled the NVIDIA card and drivers
  • Lastly I cloned the drive using acronis

none of these steps had any effect

At this point I am stumped. If it was bad Hardware, why would it only do it in regular mode and not safe?
I have minidump files zipped up but I dont know how to decipher
Any help is appreciated
thanks

Attachments

• Mini090911-03.zip
    42.3 KB · Views: 1
F.Y.I. the mods will most likely move your post to the appropriate BSOD forum.

All three minidumps record the error code 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The Windows sr.sys was noted as being the cause. Now normally Windows OS drivers are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help. They more so point out that there is a problem rather than telling us what the problem is. However, there could be the very real chance that this driver is either corrupted or there are issues with the harddrive itself.

The fact that you can boot into Safe Mode is a strong indication that you are looking at a driver issue.

See this link: http://www.techrepublic.com/forum/questions/101-266069

Back