BSOD x109

Garungax

Hi, I recently had recurring bsods that occur at random and I can't seem to find out the problem. I'm using a Lenovo X220T laptop that's about a few years old now. I tried updating all my drivers but nothing worked for me so far. The STOP code ends with 109 and it says something about "ntoskrnl.exe".

I can't seem to upload my minidumps as it says that the file doesn't have an allowed extension?

EDIT:
I managed to get some information from the dmp file through Bluescreenview if it's worth anything.

==================================================
Dump File : 060613-21106-01.dmp
Crash Time : 6/6/2013 2:31:35 AM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000109
Parameter 1 : a3a039d8`9b3dc4fd
Parameter 2 : b3b7465e`edbc02bf
Parameter 3 : fffff800`00b96bb0
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000006
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75c00
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18113 (win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75c00
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\060613-21106-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 285,608
Dump File Time : 6/6/2013 2:32:35 AM

Dump File : 060513-31621-01.dmp
Crash Time : 6/5/2013 5:33:14 PM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000109
Parameter 1 : a3a039d8`9bf514f6
Parameter 2 : b3b7465e`ee7352b8
Parameter 3 : fffff800`00b96bb0
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000006
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75c00
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18113 (win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75c00
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\060513-31621-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 285,608
Dump File Time : 6/5/2013 5:34:40 PM

Test the hard drive (unless it's an SSD) by going to Computer. Right-click on the C drive. Select Properties, Tools, Check Now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up

I've tried running the disk check multiple times, but it keeps bsod-ing at around 29% of the check at stage 4/5. My mouse also seems to be buggy as it randomly clicks and moves by itself sometimes.

"I've tried running the disk check multiple times, but it keeps bsod-ing at around 29%"....
This could indicate that the hard drive is bad. The minidumps also indicate that the hard drive has issues. Replace the hard drive, but check the memory first, using Memtest86:
http://www.memtest.org/

So I ran the memtest for 24 passes and it said I had 65535+ errors on test 7 but all the rest are 0s. I assume that it means I need to replace my hard drive? Are there any alternatives like reformatting?

This is a memory problem, not a hard drive problem. Any errors in Memtest86 means bad memory. If you have more than 1 memory stick installed, test each stick separately to find the bad one. 7 passes is enough testing

I've replaced my memory cards with new ones but I still seem to get BSODs when I try to diskcheck. I have yet to run memtest with the new cards so I'll come ack with more info once thats done.

If you still get errors running Memtest86 they could be caused by incorrect bios settings or incorrect memory type for the motherboard... or even a failing power supply

So I ran memtest and this time instead of errors on test 7, I got errors on test 3 instead. I'm pretty sure the problem doesn't lie in the memory type as I made sure I bought the exact same specs of my memory card as the original. It might be incorrect bios settings but how do I correct them?

I also want to note that my mouse keeps clicking by itself and this only started happening at the same time I started having bsods. Does this symptom narrow down the possible problems? The mouse issue is also terribly frustrating and it makes tediously hard to do anything like running scans. I've done a full virus scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and cleaned my whole computer yet the mouse issue didn't get resolved.

I just realised that on every startup, I have been receing errors on a program called PrivacyIconClient.exe so I researched more into it and found out that errors in that program can lead to occasional bsods so I'm currently fixing that problem to see if it solves the problem.

Response to previous post.

I have no clue how to fix that problem. I've tried scanning/cleaning my registry using various software with no avail. Also, it seems like when I try to google the "PrivacyIconClient.exe" problem, all the links say to download "xxx" programs which ends up looking rather dodgy as although some programs have different names, have the exact same layouts and are completely useless.

Also on the previous posts about the mouse problem, it seems like manually installing the latest mouse driver fixed it. But it was not related to BSODs as they have still been happening.

Try performing a "factory" restore. This option will format the hard drive and return Windows to the day you first turned on the laptop when you bought it

Although it was my last resort, I did do a factory reset and it seems like the problem was solved. Do you have any idea what could have caused it in the first place? Corrupted data in the hard drive?

Make sure you apply all the Windows Updates including all the optional updates again... and yes, it was probably hard drive corruption

Back