BSOD x124

Trintar VIII

Hi all, I've been having some BSOD problems (x124) and have been unable to make an progress towards fixing the problem so I thought I'd come here and see what others thought.

I recently bought a new graphics card and installed it into my computer and everything was fine. However, I decided to reformat my hard drive as things had been running rather slowly as far as startups and shutdowns go. I reformatted and things seemed to be okay but I've started bluescreening after playing a game for ~10-15 minutes. I double-checked my updates and it turned out not everything had been updated, so I did all of that as well as double checked the drivers on my motherboard and graphics card.

Unfortunately I am still having problems. I'm not really sure where to go from there, perhaps look through the minidumps, but I am not too familiar with how those work. Any help with this situation would be much appreciated! Please let me know what sort of information you need and I will do my best to provide it.

To start off, here's my system specs:

Windows 7 SP 1 (x64)
EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz
2x2GB G.Skill @ 1600 Mhz
EVGA GeForce 560 Ti
WDC WD15EADS
WDC WD5000AADS

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    83.1 KB · Views: 4
The BSOD minidumps are all the same "HAL.dll" is flagged... This could be a hardware driver issue dealing with the motherboard drivers. Was Windows 7 the original Operating System installed on this PC?

It's a custom-built PC (7 is the only OS I've had on it), but I realized that I never reset the BIOS after reformatting (I had OC'd the RAM and the processor a little bit) and things are running better now...at least I've been playing a game for 30 minutes or so and nothing has happened (versus 10-15 max before). Would that have been the issue?

Back