BSOD XP, error 0X24, now in safe mode

Well I have the BSOD on XP. 0X00000024C0X001902FE0XFC3B4A40XF7C3B1AD0X87380149 I was able to get into safe mode and ran a disc check on restart.Then some other message came up that it couldn't do something about a memory... Goes to press the name for log on, and it stays there by my name saying loading personal settings, but it goes no where and stays on that screen...what can I do? Goodness gracious, I love this computer. I think someone uploaded firefox some kind of new firefox on there a few days ago, I've not been on there since...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

logged in now

Thanks to you guys, I knew what to do. Just last night I read about what to do if i got a blue screen. I didn't expect that to actually happen. I dont use that computer very much. Well, I did manage to log on. But only after clicking cancel to debug the message frocm suchost.exe Application error. Stating The instruction at 0x001a16b0 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written. Then it stated click ok to terminate the program or cancel to debug. I chose cancel. I think firefox beta was recently installed there and someone maybe using skype on there too. Not sure. Please help. thank you.

Can you attach the minidump file? This is made when a system Blue Screens. Or, can you uninstall Firefox?

No dumpfiles

Thx route. I did find the folder. There were no files or folders in the dumpfiles. I can uninstall firefox beta. What happened , the computer was not getting online and it said there must be a firewall. So someone apparently thought loading firefox beta was a good idea. There was already a firefox on the computer and explorer. Okay, let me uninstall it...

Okay, after uninstalling Firefox beta, what are your results. Also, what operating system are you running?

svchost.exe Application error

okay thanks route. I'm operating windows XP operating system on that unit. it persistently shows that message stating click ok to terminate program or cancel to debug. But one thing I looked at was the Norton records. It seems that the activity shows unauthorized intrusions blocked and allocate virtual memory. I wish that i could show you but that computer will not allow me to get online. It also shows lots of activity saying different software or program is preparing to get online or something of the sort. There was also an entry with that svchost.exe at the end of it. Whatever it was blocked... I can get clearer details shortly. I am new here and just saw the response from my email. thank you so much. But i'm using XP system...

It appears from what you have described that you may very well have a serious infection or two.

Can you boot into Safe Mode at all?

Back