BSODs for Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

baddew

I have had bsods for months and finally changed hds and did full new install. After 6 weeks they started again. Attached is a minidump file if someone could pls give me some guidance I would appreciate it.

problem

I attempted to look at the minidumps you posted. However, when I try to extract them it says no files to extract. Please post the minidumps on a reply not in zipped folders and we will be more than happy to look them over for you.

I attempted to look at the minidumps you posted. However, when I try to extract them it says no files to extract. Please post the minidumps on a reply not in zipped folders and we will be more than happy to look them over for you.

I forgot to mention that I had to rename the folder to zip from rar since rar files are not uploadable here. Also I do not see where dmp files can be uploaded either so how can I unzip them and then upload (could I change name to txt), thanks.

Soory for the extra post now having seen the dmp listed.

Guess these old eyes missed the dmp in the list of approved files, so here are 5 of the last 8 dumps, thanks again.

I will look them over and see if I can offer any assistance. I don't currently have my computer, so I can't debug things how I normally would be able to. My wife and I just moved to the UK from the states and my computer is still in the states.

Hopefully we can get this issue sorted out for you..if not me then one of the other awesome people on the TS forums. Hang in there and keep checking back as I am sure the community will be able to diagnose this issue for you!!!

*edit*

Looked over the minidumps:

minidump 101208-01 is bugcheck 0xc2
Probably caused by: ntkrpamp.exe
PROCESS_NAME: mbam.exe
The process name cited belongs to the program malwarebytes
Possible solution: Uninstall malwarebytes

minidump 101008-01 is bugcheck 0x4
Probably caused by : Rtenicxp.sys
PROCESS_NAME: IDLE
Rtenicxp.sys is assoicated with Realtek 10/100/1000 NIC Family
Possible solution: Update you NIC drivers

minidump 100808-03 is bugcheck 0x50
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
PROCESS_NAME: System
Possible solution: Download memtest from www.memtest.org and let it run for a minimum of 7 passes..the more the better. There are several tests performed per pass. I would let memtest run while you are sleeping.

minidump 100808-02 is bugcheck 0x7
Probably caused by : nv4_mini.sys
PROCESS_NAME: Idle
Possible solution: Uninstall your video card drivers via the add/remove programs list. Restart your pc the download the latest drivers for your video card and install them.

minidump 100808-01 is bugcheck 0xC5
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption
PROCESS_NAME: Idle

Deleted and reloaded the vid driver, loaded the lasted nic driver a couple of days after the dump posted here, have removed all memory and just reinstalled 1 stick and ran memtest about 13 times with no effect so will test each 1 the same way before I put them all back. I did repair install on malwarebytes and waiting for it to crash again but here is the very last one I got on the 13th and thanks for your help.

download driver cleaner pro via this link http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

Read this guide on driver cleaner pro before doing anything http://www.driverheaven.net/windows...stalling-installing-ati-drivers-properly.html If you need to, print the guide out so you will have reference material. Please be sure to follow the guides instructions exactly.

That is a guide for ATI drivers. Just replace ATI with nvidia since you have an nvidia card. One option that guide does not go in-depth about is the cab cleaner feature. Once you have ran driver cleaner in safe mode click tools then cab cleaner. Clean the Driver.cab file and the SP*.cab file. (* is a variable depending on what service pack you have)

Download Ccleaner from this link http://www.ccleaner.com/download Ccleaner is a great free crap cleaner.

After driver cleaner has finished restart your computer normally and run Ccleaner. Run the cleaner option then run the registry cleaner option and fix any issues it finds.

Download the latest drivers for your video card and install them again. I know you have done this already. However, sometimes when you uninstall/update video drivers remnants can get left behind which can cause problems.

Another thing you want to do is. Update all the drivers for your computer (Audio, NIC, Chipset, CPU (if aplicable)

Something else you may want to do is run housecall from this link http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ it is a free online virus/vulnerability scan that I believe to be an invaluable utility.

You are already testing the RAM with memtest so please let us know the results of the tests when you have completed them.

Now on to your latest minidump.

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
Probably caused by : win32k.sys
PROCESS_NAME: everest.exe

Details: Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x0000000A. This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

Cause
This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high.

The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that may have caused the error.

To access the event viewer, Click start, right click my computer, click manage. This opens the computer management window. Find event viewer in the left hand pane of the window and click the + sign beside it to expand. Click system and look for any red x's or yellow triangles that correspond to the BSOD's you are getting. Please post back with your findings.

I hope we can get this issue resolved for you soon.

Ran the cleaner after uninstalling my vid drivers and then reinstalled the latest nividia driver for my card as I always do. Check and update my drivers constantly and just yesterday updated the nic and hd audio drivers. I've had ccleaner on my computer for several months nows and use it weekly to clean up my computer. I am very diligent with taking care of my computer and that's why the bsods' were/are driving me nuts. But I have gone back over all the things u have pointed out to make sure i don't miss stuff. The ram is tested and I will give each stick 1 week to crash if they pass the test, so far nothing since the 13th. Hope it stays that way. Thanks and will keep updating as necessary.

Ok now after doing the actions requested above my home page does not display anymore; it hides in the far right border of the screen and I can only access it my right clicking on it in the launch bar and indicating I want to move it. Then I have to move cursor past border and try to capture and drag it back to the center of the screen. Now what do I do to fix this.

Try resetting IE window placement..here are a few search results

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...&q=how+to+default+IE+window+placement&spell=1

or to make things a bit easier http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ when you get to the page press ctrl+f and type reset in the search box and click next until you see the link for resetting IE window placement. Not sure why this happened, as I have done all the things I previously posted on mutiple computers without this problem occuring.

let us know if that fixes your new problem.

It was weird but after an hour of reaching into hidden space at right of screen and dragging the page to left it started to reopen in its proper place. All my years I've never seen this happen and didn't mean the adjustments had anything to do with it but, that it just happened. Thanks for the link.

hehe, no problem. Any more blue screens as of yet? Hopefully not!! If it does happen again just let us know and we'll try to get it sorted for you.

So far no bsod's since 13th so still hoping. Previously it may go 6 weeks without 1 and then 3 or 4 in a day or two period. Gonna swap the ram out to test 2nd stick this week and then by end of month for 3rd and middle of next month to check the last one unless 1 of the next ones shows up bad. thanks

Went out for an hour and it crashed again, have the auto recovery turned off so was able to get clear view of what it listed and posted the mini dump here. This is really getting to be a source of anger.

Looks like ur first idea was right, it appears that the mem was probably bad. Had ran the microsoft memory test, windlg, and memtest several times and no problems. After todays crash I decided to run the memtest again in safe mode and did not even get past the checking/pretesting before errors popped up; it had so many errors in the first 20% that I just removed it. I then ran each of the others over 150% and no problems. Gonna send the bad one back to crucial for replacement; hope this is the fix and will keep u posted, thanks.

Note for all; if memory problem shows up under bugcheck and the memtest does not show errors, run the test in safe mode. I did this and the errors that never showed up in normal mode popped up like minnows after food.

Contacted crucial about the memory and they are aware of the problem; seems a lot of ppl are have problems with this particular ram. Gonna rma 2 sticks at a time for total replacement since the new sticks run at 2v versus 2.2v on this troubled ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back