BSoDs on startup, PC works randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcZ

I don't really know what kind of information you guys need so if you can tell me I can give it. Been suffering constant BSoDs upon start up but then it randomly starts working for hours.

0xF4 0x3 0xFFFFFA8008636B30 0xFFFFFAB008636E10 0xFFFFF80003B8C540

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DAVID-PC
System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
System Model MS-7596
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, 3200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V1.2B3, 11/17/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\windows
System Directory C:\windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.75 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.81 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.5 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.4 GB
Page File Space 7.75 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Thank you.

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

All errors are 0xF4 and four of the five specifically cited hardware disk as your issue.

1. Back up everything of importance as soon as possible whether to flash drive or disk.

2. Find the manufacture of your harddrive, go their website and download and use their free harddrive diagnostics utility. Run both short and long tests. Don't skip the long test.

3. Check you cables to your harddrive as well as to your motherboard.

I have a Serial ATA hard drive (I assume) but the website didn't have any diagnostic tools from what I could tell. I used SeaTools and it passed, I don't think that helped though. Any recommended diagnostic tools, unless Sea is trusted?

If Serial ATA makes hard drives, that, because I couldnt find anything else besides SATA

If Serial ATA makes hard drives, that, because I couldnt find anything else besides SATA

Search for a nifty little utility that free and quite safe called SIW. Download and run. It will tell you a great deal about your system including the make and model number/version of your harddrive.

I'm a little hesitant to open my computer since I don't know much about it, anything to look for particularly?

Do you know what your harddrive looks like? If so...

1. Power down the PC.

2. Open the side panel.

3. Ground yourself by touching the power supply unti.

4. Find your harddrive and make sure the power cable and the Sata cable are firmly in place on your harddrive.

5. Now follow the sata cable to the motherboard and make sure it is firmly in place. Don't touch the motherboard.

Bottom Left is a picture of a power cable to a SATA harddrive: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/cputopiaonline/mp3atx40.jpg

Check the picture out in this article: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...les+for+hard+drive&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbs=isch:1

I'm having difficulties with two screws, so I was wondering what the odds are that I'd have problems with the hard drive on a two-month old computer is.

I'm having difficulties with two screws, so I was wondering what the odds are that I'd have problems with the hard drive on a two-month old computer is.

We're not concerned with the harddrive. We are concerned with the cables. SATA cables are notorious for coming loose/disengaging without nocticing that they have done so unless one checks them. It has to do with their design.

LookinAround and I were helping a person a month ago and it he was having serious issues. The problem: His SATA cable to his harddrive. He even commented, "I can't believe it came down to a simple cable."

I'm not saying this is your issue but it would be good to check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back