BSOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescla

I'm getting some BSOD errors, put the .dmp files in some .zip files. 14 files in total. Please help!!! Most of them are probably related to tcpip.sys, but don't know what that means.

(sorry for crappy english)

Attachments

• minidump1.zip
    177.6 KB · Views: 9
Sys info and BSOD info

Sys info:

CPU: AMD Sempron 3000+
Motherboard: ASUS K8V-X SE

Info about the latest BSOD:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0X0000000A (0XFFFD9A00, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X80500D19)

0x0A errors are strong indications of hardware issues. You also had 0x8E and another 0xA error and again, they are strong indications of hardwware issues, especially the 0X8E. The problem is the drivers that were cited were Windows core drives and they are too general to give much heklp.

However, you also had three 0xD1 drivers (I only checked your first zip file) and these are caused by either faulty drivers or buggy software. In your case the driver SYMTDI.SYS was cirted twice and SymIM.sys was cited onec. Both belong to Symantec Internet Security Suite. Here are my suggestions:

1. Fully uninstall Symantec and see if that brings stability. This software is notorious for causing the very issues you are speaking of. And it is also notorious for leaving remnants of itself behind so you have to go to their website and use their uninstall tool to finish the process.

If after doing this and stability has returned then get different security software like Kaspersky, Advast, or Antivir.

2. I would also run MemTest on your memory. Go to www.memtest.org download the latest offering and burn an ISO image to a CD. This is a wonderful free utility and completely safe. Roboot your computer with the CD already in your DVD/CD Drive. The test will take over. Let it run for a minimum of 7 Passes. This takes a long time but well worth it. There are individual tests per Pass. If you have any errors you have faulty RAM that needs to be replaced.

* Let us know how it goes.

Ran Memtest

Had memtest running for 7 passes, no errors found. Now i'm going to uninstall Symantec 2009 and install 2008, wich was working a time ago. Could it be that de driver-related BSOD's also were being caused by Symantec??

Thanks for analyzing my files!! Question: how can i acces those files myself? I tried, couldn't open.

[edit]
Installed Norton 2008 again, working fine! Hopefuly, it won't crash anytime soon. Again, thanks for the support!

Update:

I found out what caused the other crashes. I'd installed a AMD processor driver, wich was cousing the problems. Probably becouse i've overclocked my CPU...

I found out what caused the other crashes. I'd installed a AMD processor driver, wich was cousing the problems. Probably becouse i've overclocked my CPU...

Then hold off uninstalling Norton and see if easing back on your overclock settings fixes the issue. This would explain the hardware errors.

If you still get errors then uninstally Symantec and take it from there.

The CPU overclock was done before i'd formatted my harddrive. It has been working for 2 months, but only after the reinstallation i was getting those BSOD's. That was when I installed Norton 2009 instead of 2008. Anyway, the BSOD's are gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back