Building a cheep computer to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdr

I am attempting to figure out which parts to use for my new computer. Here is my Goal:

My last computer recently died, I am in need of a new computer now; but I don't have a large budget. I would like to build a cheap computer that I can upgrade when I do have a better budget.
I plan to use my PC for both Gaming and Video editing.

I figure the best way to do this is to buy a good motherboard (Mobos. being the PC componant that I know the least about(which is why I'm posting on here)) and a decent processor. along with some cheap ram and a cheep videocard.

I have no problem picking out my gpu and processor and all that but as I said; I don't know alot of motherboards and I am looking for a little help guiding me to the right mobo.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
-Cheers.

I'm looking to spend under 800 USD (I have monitor, case, sound card, Nic card)

the other thing I forgot to mention in my OP. is that I don't know much about what PSU to get.

You might find it a good idea to give the specs of the existing components you intend to use...before these nice lads eat you.

the only existing components would be

Nic card D-link DFE-530TX+
VGA monitor

Anything else you need to know? I would be more than happy to give any more info you need.

If you've already got a good portion of the other stuff, <$800 is very doable and you should be able to get a pretty solid build out of it. This is assuming your case can fit standard ATX components etc.:

MSI P35 Neo2-FR $109.99
E8400 $194.99
OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 2 x 1024MB DDR2 1066MHz $47.99 (After MIR)
Biostar 9600 GT $112.99 (After MIR)
ELT500AWT $99.99 (After MIR)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB $94.99
Samsung SH-S203N $28.99

Total (before shipping after MIR): $689.93

That look okay to you Valdr?

That looks wonderful, the only thing being; that card is only HD(DVI-I) out isn't it? is there a VGA = ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back