Building a new machine starting with case

ucould2

Hi all,
I am planning to build a new machine and am wanting to start with the case,,,was wondering if I will strike any difficulties installing old hardware into a new case (apart from the front USB 3.0).
I have been looking at firstly the Gigabyte Sumo Omega here then after I found that I could not get a supplier here in Aus. Struck upon the SilverStone brand here which I should be able to purchase Downunder.

Would it be possible to install in a newer case ? (not planning on going to a smaller form factor) this current Mobo configuration GA- 8KNXPUltra FJ Ultra (with DPS) -Gigabyte-,,?
Thanks in advance

Whoa a Pentium 4:

Well yes I don't see a problem with that as the screw configs have not really changed and most cases come with tons of different screw holes for all sizes of motherboards (Its normally the Extended ATX boards that are harder to satisfy).

You should not have a problem grabbing a new case and putting your old components in, they will fit in a normal sized case with ease!

Whoa a Pentium 4:!

I've not owned it since new, but it's gone through some adaptations. Currently just a poor student so I am starting rebuild somewhere that makes sense,,,thinking that down the track it would look good as a *Fishtank* Media Server, though I have not tested (here at extremetech) the conversion of the H.264 and H.265 codecs. But did find it quite capable converting audio media e.g. Windows to Apple file types.

benchmark-png.77108

Well yes I don't see a problem with that as the screw configs have not really changed and most cases come with tons of different screw holes for all sizes of motherboards (Its normally the Extended ATX boards that are harder to satisfy).

You should not have a problem grabbing a new case and putting your old components in, they will fit in a normal sized case with ease!

Been looking at the SilverStone Fortress FT04 here but a little miffed at why there are two different prices the Silver one coming in at AUD$20 more expensive (unless there is a different type of powder-coat paint used that is like roadway markings => Reflective)

Thanks for the reply

Attachments

• Benchmark.png
    Benchmark.png
    399.8 KB · Views: 9
Back