Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running?

Hey everyone I am looking at getting a computer for starwars the old republic(needs to release already grr) I am thinking of going through Cyberpowerpc.com my brother and quite a few of my friends have bought computers from them and they seem to be the cheapest for brand new systems. I was hoping I could get some of you to build what you think would be a great computer for gaming, I will only be doing games on it and maybe watching movies I have 1 monitor right now i believe is a 22" viewsonic I would like to get a 24" and have duel monitors. I am looking to spend any where from 1k-1.7k I am looking into getting a SSD with a reg hard drive for storage. Any questions or concerns please post them here and i will get back to you ASAP, PREFER intel i5 unless u think i7 would be better with Over Clocking.

also if you will be playing starwars tor what kind of rig are u running right now and will be running for the game on release day?

so i just seen this and sorry for not doing it prior but here is what i kind of want

What are you going to use the PC for? Starwars: TOR. movies maybe blue ray maybe not not sure yet thats about it.

How much is your budget?
1k-1.7k

Where are you located? (a.k.a. fill out your profile)
San Joaquin County California near stockton/modesto ca

Are you willing to buy online?
was looking at cyberpowerpc.com I have put together computers myself from newegg.com and a couple other places and from what i have seen cyberpower only charges roughly 30-50dollars to put it together for you.

Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build?
No

Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others?
Yes monitor keyboard mouse and headset prefer(throw in speakers ill remove if i want or dont want

Have you already bought any parts?
no i have not bought anything

Do you have an Operating System (OS)?
I have one from my laptop but i dont think i will be using it so throw in maybe windows 7?

Will you need any aftermarket cooling, such as a CPU\GPU cooler or a watercooling setup?
I prefer water cooled CPU/GPU I want it to stay cool as it does get hot here during the summer months, but ontop of that i would like as little noise as possible and no lights or neons I hate bright lights when im trying to sleep lol.

I am assuming that your present budget excludes the monitor.

Here's what I suggest:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz - $219.99
ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 - $189.99
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Radeon HD 6950 - $239.99
CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 - $149.99
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB - $69.99
Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB - $54.99
COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II - $79.99

TOTAL - $1004.93

That leaves you with $700 for OS and peripherals.

I am personally using the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 and Logitech MX518 as my keyboard / mouse combo. Really happy with them. However, it's more down to personal preference.

With any cash that's left over you might want to get an SSD/Blu-Ray/etc. Or you might look at getting a second HD 6950 for CF.

Back