Building PC for game-server hosting

Hello everybody,
So gaming community needs to build up new pc for game-server hosting and web page.
I don't know about webpage, guess that shouldn't take too much, but I know about game servers. So, games are as follows: CSS public (24 slots), TF2 public (32 slots), CS 1.6 public (24 slots), and minecraft.
Current pc can't handle the load anymore. Now it's only webpage, one TF2 server (28 slots) and one css (24 slots, but it's almost empty all the time, max 10 players). And TF2 server is lagging as hell. Current pc specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+, 4gigs DDR2 @ 1066MHz.

Now, a couple of admins (me included) built a pcs. And now there's choice between these two:
CPU: i7-2600K
RAM: 16GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
MB: ASUS P8H67-M
PSU: Corsair TX750

and 2nd pc:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE (overclocked to 1100T level)
GA-880GM-UD2H

As you can see, we can't decide which cpu will do a better job. I'm on AMD side, 'cause it got +2 cores and happens to be better ar multitasking.
Some other people is on Intel's side, 'cause it's a better cpu overall.

So, question is, which will be better? Intel or AMD? And then, would the best cpu handle one more css public server and tf2 public? We want to build a machine, that can handle a lot of servers before lags.

I'm sorry for my bad english.
Thanks in advance,
AddicTeD.

If you really want to set up a server i wold advise maybe buying a server motherboard with 2 cpu's running Intel xeon processors

it depends if you are going to run it as a data gaming server and give the clients the game or raw host games on it, if under 50 clients (depending on which game) the I7 2600K will be enough

Back