Building PC with $2000 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to put together a powerful computer that will last a very long time.

I'd like an Intel quad-core processor, at least 4GB of DDR3 RAM, multiple USB slots, FireWire, wireless capabilities, a fast DVD drive/burner, a good sound card, and a fast HDD (preferably 500GB or over).

I need a good graphics card (or two graphics cards, depending on the other hardware) that can handle Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2, and other more demanding games.

Also, a case to hold everything together, enough power, cooling, etc.

I'll be using the computer for gaming, video editing, graphics design, and generally very demanding operations, all at the same time.

It would also be nice if the computer is easy to upgrade as new technologies come out.

I have about $2000 available to me (not including the OS, monitor, keyboard, and mouse, which I'll take care of later).

I've been doing some research, but it's more complicated than I thought. I'd be grateful if anyone could recommend a build or any sort of advice.

with a core i7 setup you should be good for a while, Which will leave you happy with under a 2k budget.

You'll soon get post here about core 2 duos that can overclock to 4ghz. Those are all fine and dandy, they do their jobs well. On a 700-900 budget.

I'd recommend an core i7 setup, with a 3 or 6 gig ram kit. I think the asus and Gigabyte boards are great.

You may see a price drop after jan 8th when nvidia drops their new cards. I'd usually say a 4870 1gb version or a 4870x2 with your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back