Burned DVD does not play on DVD player

I recently switched from a laptop running Windows XP to one running Windows 7. On my XP laptop, I was able to burn DVDs (avi files) using Roxio and play them on a Marantz DVD player. When I burn the DVDs on my new laptop (also using Roxio), they will play on the laptop but not on the DVD player. I tried to burn the DVDs with and without "verify" but neither will play on the DVD player. I'm using the same type of DVDs, burning the same type of files, and using the same DVD player. The only thing that is different is my laptop. What do I need to do to make it work? Thanks for your help!

You closing the session once complete? Sometimes I find some burning utilities set themselves as default to keep sessions open, so you can add more data later. It needs to be closed session before you can use it away from the computer.

Assuming everything is identical (as you've commented above) its the only thing I can think of.

Yes, I've tried both closing it and leaving it open but neither works. (at least I think that is what "verify" in roxio does?)

Yes, I've tried both closing it and leaving it open but neither works. (at least I think that is what "verify" in roxio does?)

As I understand it, "Verify" is to check it has correctly burned the data/image/media without errors.I believe its an integrity check.

Whether you leave the disc open, or closed, is determined by your settings prior to burning.

Back