Burning audio CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knot2Brite

Hello,
I am not technically orientated so I hope you will excuse how I present this.

CDs that I burned will play in my automobile CD player (it's 10 years old) but not in my clock radio or a CD player in the kitchen. I've tried several different programs with the same results. I am assuming there is some setting that I need to be alert to.

Any and all thoughts will be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Bob

I specifically instructed the program that was to be an audio rather than data CD. Afterwards I use Windows Explorer to look at the disk and all of the files were CDA. Without any special effort the CD would play in my automobile so I know it was audio.

Someone else reminded me of the importance of finalizing the disk. Media Center automatically does that by using a question -- do you understand you will not be able to add anything further to this disc? That closes the disk which is proven by its playing in my automobile.

What else?

Hello,
I am not technically orientated so I hope you will excuse how I present this.

CDs that I burned will play in my automobile CD player (it's 10 years old) but not in my clock radio or a CD player in the kitchen. I've tried several different programs with the same results. I am assuming there is some setting that I need to be alert to.

The CD burner in your computer is most likely out of alignment with the other 2 players you have tried. Or, the other 2 players are not compatible with the computer burned discs. The fact that you cite using several burning programs mostly points to this.

My only suggestion is to;
(1) turn down the speed of the CD burner,
(2) attempt to use the discs in a high quality component CD player.
(3) replace the CD burner.

The only other thing I can think of is an outside possibility is that DRM in the source for the CDs might still be present and affecting playback.

It's interesting that the CDs play in the older car deck, it might actually be out of alignment itself, but accidentally in alignment with the CD burner.

The 2 other players you cite are not the most reliable or best quality CD players that can be found, but, you should try to burn a CD audio disc on another deck and computer altogether, just as a control test.

Some players are not compatible with "80 minute" CDs, but these capacity blanks are all that can be found nowadays.

hello cranky,

You should wear your "I am a genius button" with great pride.

The setting that I needed to get this darn thing working was the speed setting that you mention. I have somewhat of a putz and if I ever really "knew" about the speed settings I will be surprised.

Slowing down from 48X to 6X got things working. I guess it slower but I really don't care.

Thank you for taking time to help.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back