Buying a new card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziziz

So ive just seen the stickied thread about when asking for an upgrade ill will post the information needed;

1. Motherboard - AsusTeK Computer INC. Grouper. Chipset = Intel i915P/i915G
2. Graphic interface - PCIe 1.0 (apparently can use 2.0)
3. Memory - 2.5gb DDR
4. CPU - Intel Pentium 4 505
5. CPU Speed - 2.6Ghz
6. Power Supply Make/Model - X-Power ATX 500TD
7. Watt output/Amperage - 500w

The only game i will be playing is World of Warcraft, i dont want a top class graphics card which going to cost me hundreds i want a graphics card which is less than £100, ($144) preferably under £70 ($101) but if needed i can go more.

I live in the UK (as might of guessed) but if you just name a suitable card then i can go hunting in shops and if needed online.

Read your other posts as well and as you're aware you have a pretty dated system. The advice of saving up for an entire new system is the best option imo. However if you are adamant on just a new GPU to play World of Warcraft, I would think a 4670 would suffice. They run around $60-70 depending on who you buy them from. Unfortunately I do not know a good online retailer for the UK so hopefully someone else here can help. Also be aware that even a low-end card like the 4670 will likely be bottlenecked by your system. But the card alone should be just fine on your PSU, you could take a photo of the specs on the side of it though for us to double-check :) .

Read your other posts as well and as you're aware you have a pretty dated system. The advice of saving up for an entire new system is the best option imo. However if you are adamant on just a new GPU to play World of Warcraft, I would think a 4670 would suffice. They run around $60-70 depending on who you buy them from. Unfortunately I do not know a good online retailer for the UK so hopefully someone else here can help. Also be aware that even a low-end card like the 4670 will likely be bottlenecked by your system. But the card alone should be just fine on your PSU, you could take a photo of the specs on the side of it though for us to double-check :) .

Ah see thats the problem i don't really have the money at the moment for a whole new system so thats why i need to upgrade seperate parts and hope it works, sorry for all the posts :)

Umm the photo for the PSU?
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8208/28052010517.jpg
is that what you wanted?

That is a low-end card indeed, but I prefer the 4670 as its imo one of the better ones price/performance wise. Of course it might not run at its fullest in your system though.

Ahhhh thank you a link :) pointless in me attempting to find a one lol. Hmm in my budget and the reviews are Ok, ill guess ill look into buying this. Thanks alot

Edit: if i couldn't get the gt 240 in 512mb can i still buy it in 1gb or is that too powerful?

What HK said.....1gb on that card is useless. it wont hurt things, but if you can save money on the 512mb version, do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back