Buying a pre-built monster rig

VitalyT

As of today, the best-value pre-built monster rig is one that DELL offers...

If you want one for professional work + gaming, here's one to consider...

1612701798083.png

And if you want one just for gaming, then the following one offers best value...

1612701544872.png

The bottom line, you can't even find those parts on the market today, and won't for some time, but this one offers all that, in excellent form-factor. In fact, when going for RTX-3090, you will get the smallest ever version of that card.

Attachments

• 1612701480371.png
    1612701480371.png
    486.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 1612701746970.png
    1612701746970.png
    486.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1612701763791.png
    1612701763791.png
    486.8 KB · Views: 0
UPDATE

A week later, I cancelled my order, after finding out that it does not support M.2 Gen4. Somehow, AlienWare team managed to create the only X570 desktop board that does not support M.2 Gen4. It only supports the old M.2 Gen3. What a shame!

To be buying such a premium machine, and to be excluded from using the latest SSD-s that's available to everyone else - that's a disgrace.

I dunno, I'd almost prefer to build a system out of used parts instead of a brand new pre-built, even knowing the potential baggage any given used part might have. Even the most quality pre-built, I've found, is still going to have absolutely boneheaded design decisions baked in, like what you mentioned.

The only modern pre-built desktop that I've owned, a Lenovo ThinkCentre, was set up in such a way that you could only fit half-length, low-profile video cards, so even if you upgraded the PSU to handle something more powerful, you couldn't fit it without a riser. Never used a pre-built desktop since.

UPDATE

A week later, I cancelled my order, after finding out that it does not support M.2 Gen4. Somehow, AlienWare team managed to create the only X570 desktop board that does not support M.2 Gen4. It only supports the old M.2 Gen3. What a shame!

To be buying such a premium machine, and to be excluded from using the latest SSD-s that's available to everyone else - that's a disgrace.
Cybertron.Com/ CLX Rocks....I went to their site to order a gaming pc. It's like building your own computer , with a large inventory of pc components at very good prices. If your like me and know some things about gaming pc's but a little unsure if you want to take up the challenge of building it your self then this is the place to go. You can buy each part based on what you want and can afford. If your not sure about some things regard specs or compatibility there is plenty of expert advice at cybertron to get the best options. If a component on your pc breaks down (happened to me) they will honor without any reluctance replacement parts and postage cost. They are very generous on upgrades as well. So if you want a prebuilt or custom go there.

Cybertron.Com/ CLX Rocks....I went to their site to order a gaming pc. It's like building your own computer , with a large inventory of pc components at very good prices. If your like me and know some things about gaming pc's but a little unsure if you want to take up the challenge of building it your self then this is the place to go. You can buy each part based on what you want and can afford. If your not sure about some things regard specs or compatibility there is plenty of expert advice at cybertron to get the best options. If a component on your pc breaks down (happened to me) they will honor without any reluctance replacement parts and postage cost. They are very generous on upgrades as well. So if you want a prebuilt or custom go there.
Meh, they don't even do Ryzen 5000 CPU-s.

Back