1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Call of Duty: Black Ops III 'Juggernog Edition' comes with a refrigerator

By Shawn Knight ยท 8 replies
Jul 10, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Love it or hate it, Call of Duty is known for having some pretty over-the-top Collector’s Edition bundles. With the next title in the franchise, Black Ops III, Activision has apparently run out of ideas as the high-end bundle will include a refrigerator.

Wait, what?

The Juggernog Collector’s Edition, as it’s being called, comes with a fully functional mini-fridge. A nod to the game’s “Zombies” mode, the Juggernog is an in-game soda dispenser that gives players a health boost (for a small fee, of course).

For fans of the series, it’s actually a pretty sweet collectable. The mini-fridge features lights and audio from the game and can hold up to 12 standard-sized cans of your favorite beverage.

The bundle also includes a set of drink coasters, a Black Ops III Season Pass that grants access to all four DLC packs, concept art cards, a map, a collectible steel game case, the Black Ops III soundtrack in digital format and some exclusive in-game content.

Previous Collector’s Edition bundles have come with night vision goggles, an RC car and a drone.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III is scheduled to launch on November 6 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. No official word yet on how much the Juggernog Collector’s Edition will command although a number of retailers currently accepting pre-orders have it listed at $199.99.

Permalink to story.

2. First CE I've seen that provides real value proportionate to its price (depending on the capacity of the fridge, of course).

3. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Evangelist Posts: 617   +300

(12 12 oz. cans)

4. Completely missed that part of the article.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 8,647   +3,283

If the game came in at $60 with the fridge I'd pre-order it in a heartbeat and I wouldn't care less if the game was completely broken and needed a 150GB patch just to install, just so long as the fridge works fine.

6. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Evangelist Posts: 656   +200

My first thought? Fallout 4 needs this. Nuka-Cola anyone?

7. All CEs should come with a fridge, IMO. ...or red dot scopes, for people who live in Texas.

EskimoKush likes this.
  8. I like this idea. what they should do is also bundle an amazing looking mouse pad for the pc gamers out there. I would personally buy this CE bundle as is because the fridge is honestly an amazing idea and its useful for our daily lives BUT if they included a mouse pad I would literally be THROWING my money at them lol. very good idea though guys. in order to differentiate the bundles for consoles and pcs I think the console guys should get everything listed plus 1 black ops 3 themed controller w/ rechargeable battery pack. the pc guys should get everything listed plus 1 kickass mouspad and 1 pretty mouse (nothing too crazy) but a nice mouse nonetheless. that would boost sales a bunch I believe

9. kuroiei

kuroiei TS Enthusiast Posts: 93   +31

The problem is - what if the fridge is broken at lanuch and need a 150kg patch / parts for it to somewhat function? I can see those forum posts - "my fridge is running hot, fix anyone?".

wastedkill, Tanstar and andrewyoung like this.