Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered tipped in Amazon listing

By Shawn Knight ยท 9 replies
Mar 16, 2018
Post New Reply
  1. Activision in 2016 launched a remastered version of Modern Warfare, one of the most beloved entries in the popular first-person shooter franchise. The release ruffled some feathers, however, as it was initially only available as part of a bundle alongside Infinite Warfare although the situation was remedied the following year with the launch of a standalone version.

Now, it appears Activision is poised to release another remastered CoD game.

A listing for a remastered version of 2009’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 recently popped up on Amazon’s Italian portal. Multiple sites reported on the listing which appears to have since been removed. It was shown to be coming to both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on April 30, 2018, priced at 19.99 euros.

While probably just a placeholder, the April 30 date is coming up quick. If accurate, that’d be a small window between the game’s announcement and release. Modern Warfare Remastered was announced alongside Infinite Warfare about six months before its launch.

The game wouldn’t be entirely surprising. Activision last month said it planned on releasing remastered versions of titles from its library of intellectual property this year but stopped short of mentioning any specific games by name.

The next new entry in the series, Black Ops 4, is scheduled to launch on October 12 from developer Treyarch.

Permalink to story.

2. amghwk

amghwk TS Maniac Posts: 321   +177

A classical example of brain-dead developers stopping innovations in game design and continue to milk money from an already me-too-sequel-factory franchise, from zombie, mindless gamers who keep on buying them.

mcborge, Uncle Al and BSim500 like this.
  3. Evernessince

Evernessince TS Evangelist Posts: 2,907   +2,070

This is about as exciting as Watch Dogs remastered. Typically mediocre games don't get remastered.

Uncle Al likes this.
  4. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 1,546   +1,007

Next level would be re-releasing exactly the same game. Then you can truly show how immensely stupid some people are.

mcborge and Uncle Al like this.
  5. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 4,164   +2,637

Those that can, do
    Those that can't teach
    And the witless administer

6. texasrattler

texasrattler TS Evangelist Posts: 407   +142

Most mediocre games dont make a Billion dollars though.
    While the game wasnt groundbreaking like CoD Modern Warfare.
    Not all ppl like CoD which is fine, it still has millions that do.

Its no different than ppl who continue to play Pubg despite all its bugs and cheating problem.

Boilerhog146 likes this.
  7. Evernessince

Evernessince TS Evangelist Posts: 2,907   +2,070

It was because of the first modern warfare that the game sold so well in the first place. It doesn't deserve credit for skating off the reputation of the game series.

8. texasrattler

texasrattler TS Evangelist Posts: 407   +142

That excuse could be used for a lot of games.

CoD was well established by the time both of those game came out. Also the real reason it sold a Billion dollars, one word, consoles.

9. Robertrogue

Robertrogue TS Enthusiast Posts: 54   +21

I think if your are going to "remaster" a game, try some originals like the first two COD games. These were ground breaking and would be awesome to replay with new graphics and details. I still play the campaigns sometimes and they are really still fun. Remastering a game that is less than 15 years old is just like re-branding an old CPU or GPU. It is just a waste of resources.

10. gusticles41

gusticles41 TS Guru Posts: 288   +290

I'd drop ~$24 for MW2 if it:

A. Comes with some/all of the DLC
    B. Has modern graphics (which I can only assume it does)

This was the game that really got me into online play...I haven't been nearly as interested in another game since.