Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered tipped in Amazon listing

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Activision in 2016 launched a remastered version of Modern Warfare, one of the most beloved entries in the popular first-person shooter franchise. The release ruffled some feathers, however, as it was initially only available as part of a bundle alongside Infinite Warfare although the situation was remedied the following year with the launch of a standalone version.

Now, it appears Activision is poised to release another remastered CoD game.

A listing for a remastered version of 2009’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 recently popped up on Amazon’s Italian portal. Multiple sites reported on the listing which appears to have since been removed. It was shown to be coming to both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on April 30, 2018, priced at 19.99 euros.

While probably just a placeholder, the April 30 date is coming up quick. If accurate, that’d be a small window between the game’s announcement and release. Modern Warfare Remastered was announced alongside Infinite Warfare about six months before its launch.

The game wouldn’t be entirely surprising. Activision last month said it planned on releasing remastered versions of titles from its library of intellectual property this year but stopped short of mentioning any specific games by name.

The next new entry in the series, Black Ops 4, is scheduled to launch on October 12 from developer Treyarch.

Permalink to story.

A classical example of brain-dead developers stopping innovations in game design and continue to milk money from an already me-too-sequel-factory franchise, from zombie, mindless gamers who keep on buying them.

This is about as exciting as Watch Dogs remastered. Typically mediocre games don't get remastered.
Most mediocre games dont make a Billion dollars though.
While the game wasnt groundbreaking like CoD Modern Warfare.
Not all ppl like CoD which is fine, it still has millions that do.

Its no different than ppl who continue to play Pubg despite all its bugs and cheating problem.

Its no different than ppl who continue to play Pubg despite all its bugs and cheating problem.

It was because of the first modern warfare that the game sold so well in the first place. It doesn't deserve credit for skating off the reputation of the game series.

It was because of the first modern warfare that the game sold so well in the first place. It doesn't deserve credit for skating off the reputation of the game series.
That excuse could be used for a lot of games.

CoD was well established by the time both of those game came out. Also the real reason it sold a Billion dollars, one word, consoles.

I think if your are going to "remaster" a game, try some originals like the first two COD games. These were ground breaking and would be awesome to replay with new graphics and details. I still play the campaigns sometimes and they are really still fun. Remastering a game that is less than 15 years old is just like re-branding an old CPU or GPU. It is just a waste of resources.

I'd drop ~$24 for MW2 if it:

A. Comes with some/all of the DLC
B. Has modern graphics (which I can only assume it does)

This was the game that really got me into online play...I haven't been nearly as interested in another game since.

Back