Camera and Scanner Wizard goofed up with my camera, XP..suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foycur

my laptop runs XP home edition; it's a HP pavillion ZV5000 and we've had it for about three years. I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ20 camera that I have typically plugged into the USB port, used The Camera and Scanner Wizard, and the pics would magically flow to my Pictures folder. Something, however, has gone terribly wrong.......

Today when I plugged in my camera, the Autoplay kicked in and I chose to transfer the pics like I've always done. However, this time I got a "Camera and Scanner Wizard" error that it couldn't find the device. I opened up the camera in my computer and was able to move the files via select all and right click, but I'm puzzled as to why this has happened all of the sudden. I assume that if I got the pics off the card, the card is OK. Anyone else had this problem?

Check that there are no errors in Device Manager (Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager), if the camera appears there, uninstall it. It should detect & reinstall it automatically the next time you plug it in.

Fixed it.....I had to update my HP printer drivers, because for some reason that was goofing it up. Problem solved......something to be aware of for those who own a HP printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back