Can I download the boot information on a CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info

We need a lot more info. Q1: What's the problem with your PC? Q2 What is your PC's specifications? Answer those questions. Also, what version of Mac OS does your Mac run?

Boot from Mac osx

Hi:

I have a sata hard drive which keeps going to safe mode but does not competely load and goes back to safe mode. I am using win xp. The disks for the a drive do not work I keep getting error messages that the boot disks are unable to load certain files. I have an exterior cd/dvd drive which does not load the xp restore disks to the hard drive. I also have an interior cd/dvd drive which I have not setup because I have been unable to place the cord correctly in its socket. So I am at my wits end. Help!!:confused:

This should work

Try putting the drive in your Mac and hold Alt (or Option for Apple keyboards) on startup. But put the Windows XP disk in the Mac first. You should see your XP disk. Select it. Hopefully XP will load and see your SATA drive. If it does, install on it. If it doesn't, post back here with your Mac's model, year and version of your Mac OS X (I'm assuming you have Mac OS X, tell us if you don't).

Mac os x

I have an internal sata drive and cannot place it in my mac. I have an external cd drive. My mac is an os x 10.4.11.

Six Step Fix

Six Step Fix: Step One: Get an external drive. Step Two: Connect it to the Mac. Step Three: Put the XP disc in the Mac. Step Four: Boot from the disc and install XP on it normally. Step Five: Connect the drive to the PC and boot from it. Use the SATA drive for storage. Step Six: Test the storage capabilites of the SATA drive.

Downloading xp from the mac

If I use the xp boot disks on the mac os x will it boot to the mac or will it boot to the external hd?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back